Our client is a growing trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture, and they are looking for someone with a passion for large scale systems for both on-prem & cloud. This is a full-time permanent role, based in NYC. You will be building, monitoring, and improving their distributed and cloud native technology stack.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Understand our domain to design and develop reliable high-performance systems in a hybrid cloud and on-prem configuration.
- Build, monitor, and support distributed systems (Kafka & Cloudera/ Haddop) infrastructure.
- Execute and maintain containerization applications (Kubernetes/Docker).
- Deploy automation where needed and improve CI/CD pipeline.
- Hands-on experience working in a hybrid (cloud/on-premise) and Linux infrastructure environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Debian Linux & CentOS and exposure to Active Directory, LDAP, and Kerberos.
- Experience working with Kafka, Kubernetes, Hadoop, Spark, Elastic Search, and Cloudera.
- Knowledgeable with Terraform and AWS
- Automation experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible & Puppet
- Proficient scripting skills in Python, Bash, Ruby
- Ability to work with Git or other version control systems
- Experience with TCP/IP routing, switching, and multicast