ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer (f/m/x) toour Tech Services team, in Germany, UK or remote.
Our team is working on different topics to help people/teams across the org to proactively improve the ability to deliver, maintain and support products, such as: infrastructure (Kubernetes clusters, databases, cache stores, buckets, CDN…), alerting and monitoring, CICD tools and improving SDLC processes for Delivery teams.
- As a DevOps Engineer at Ada, you will be responsible for extending and improving our container-based AWS / GCP infrastructure, running in Kubernetes
- Continue to automate away human toil
- Partner with your colleagues from engineering across the company to embrace the idea of self-service tooling, making the best way the easiest way
- You will contribute to resilient CI/CD pipelines/processes to make sure that our engineering team is able to deploy features faster while being compliant to regulations
- You enable a high quality and fast IT environment for services and resources for engineering and/or data teams to run their Java, Kotlin, Python services backed by MongoDB, Redis and Postgres within Kubernetes clusters
- Extend and maintain our automated monitoring and alerting systems
- Work in highly regulated environments
- Train Developers on Infrastructure and Automation topics
- You have a strong background in automated provisioning of AWS/GCP environments.
- You have proven experience in distributed systems debugging
- You can demonstrate a deep understanding of the intrinsic link between infrastructure and software delivery lifecycle while maining a system thinking view of the business
- You have experience with Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, AWS/GCP, Jenkins
- You understand the SDLC proces
- Focus on Security Engineering and InfoSec
- You understand the importance of distributed tracing and systems thinking expressed in metrics, visualized through graphics to make meaning intuitive.
- Our tech stack: Java, Spring Boot, Kotlin, MongoDB, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes, Node.js, Python, AWS, Google Cloud Platform and Istio
- You have expertise in agile environments (Scrum or Kanban) as well as in following principles in continuous delivery
- You are good in communication and collaboration within your team
- You are ready to coach other Engineers across the company
- You are fluent in English
- Work with a high level of autonomy in global, cross-functional teams with smart, purpose-driven peers
- Perks include complimentary onsite/virtual German language classes, discounted Urban Sports Club memberships, bike-lease agreement, Headspace mindfulness app subscription, work-life balance, team bonding activities