Job Location: Ideally in Prague, Czech Republic but the job is open to candidates from anywhere in Europe (or Europe timezone)
Flexibility: Option to work remotely/from home
Type of Employment: Employee or Contractor (depending on the location)
KeyWords: Typescript, VueJS, React, UX Design, Graph Visualisation, Cypress
What to expect?
Before applying for the job at GraphAware, you should first answer YES to all of the following questions:
- Are you someone who constantly strives for excellence?
- Do you take ownership of your work as well as the work of your team?
- Do you believe in the value of graphs?
- Does customer success drive your motivation and passion?
- Do you want to make a real difference and influence the success of the company you work for?
Agreed to all the above? Then keep reading.
As a Senior Frontend Developer, you will be joining our team of engineers developing our core product Hume. You will take part in the design and implementation of the Hume user interface - working on graph visualisations, orchestration editors and other features that require advanced UX design. You will interact with the backend and the frontend teams of engineers, designing the REST API the frontend communicates with.
Here is the bullet point list of main responsibilities.
- Contributing to the development of Hume mainly from the frontend perspective
- Designing interaction flows and mockups based on user stories
- Coordinating the design of new features
- Driving the design of REST APIs
- Demonstrating the features implemented to get feedback and suggestions
- Creating new procedures to solve routine problems
- Prioritising and organising your own work to deliver on time, making steady progress on your work
- Owning the features developed
- Being involved and contributing to team-level technical discussions
- Caring about the quality of the codebase and continually looking for ways to improve it
- Providing technical advice and input to technical decisions which impact the Hume team
- Coaching and mentoring junior talents to develop their skills and understanding of how we work
- Understanding the architecture, how it is delivered and run in production, and the impact your changes may have on it
- Anticipating technical issues at the component level, communicating these clearly to relevant stakeholders, and making architectural /design decisions to avoid or resolve them
If you want to succeed, we believe, you need to have the following skills/background:
- "Must have-s" to perform and understand the technical aspects of the job
- At least 3 years of experience in complex projects that involve backend and frontend teams
- Knowledge of core agile practices and ability to work effectively in a team which is applying them
- Advanced experience with Typescript
- Solid knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with building single-page applications (SPAs) using frameworks such as React or VueJS
- Some experience with Vuex/Redux
- Experience with any graph visualisation library
- Capability of developing clean, reusable UI components
- Methodical and reasoned approach to debugging and problem solving
- Familiarity with version-control systems, such as git
- Familiarity with CI-CD practices
- Proficiency in using Docker
- Clear understanding of TLS
- Comprehension of web application security basics(minimum set of requirement to make the app secure)
- Knowledge of best practices for clean code and refactoring
- Experience in TDD or BDD and end-to-end testing
- Clear understanding of techniques and best practices related to Web Application security
- Passion for effective UX design
- Bonus technical skills a.k.a. "nice to have"
- Experience with Graph visualisation using KeyLines or Ogma libraries
- Knowledge of key Graph database concepts
- Knowledge of basic Cypher query language elements
- Knowledge of Neo4j
- Understanding the full stack application development including DevOps
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science (or other relevant fields)
- To fit the profile and possess the soft skills we are looking for
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Ability to break down bigger tasks into smaller chunks in order to tackle them effectively
- Attention to detail
- Proactivity and drive, coming up with new ideas
- “Can-do” and “Get-it-done” attitude; Agile approach to problem-solving
- Excellent time management skills
- Passionate about effective user interfaces, graph visualizations and web client frameworks
- To blend in well with the team and understanding our company culture
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good understanding of different communication styles and cultural differences
- Fluent in English, knowledge of other European languages is more than welcome
What we offer
We offer a great opportunity to play an important role in a global technology company with a very unique company culture and to participate in the evolution of a product that is competing with big names. Hume is already being used by very important companies in multiple industries. We are currently entering a new era in the life of the company with great challenges ahead of us.
Working with us means:
- Opportunity to act as a mentor to junior talents within the company and pass the knowledge
- Strong support from the supervisor and top management
- Place where you can actually influence how we do things
- Working for an attractive international advanced-tech company
- Open environment for own initiative and creativity
- Significant potential for professional growth
- Flexibility to balance your personal life and work
- Fun environment and great office culture
- Competitive remuneration