Basil Systems is a healthcare-focused start-up delivering a SaaS application that leverages product, market and regulatory data to support all types of players in the medical device and pharmaceutical industries. Our goal is to help our customers deliver safe and innovative healthcare products to patients and consumers, while reducing the time to get to market. After 14 months of stealth development, we soft launched in late December 2020 to a very positive market reception and customers.
In short, Basil is a funded, revenue generating, and growth-oriented company – and we are actively seeking talented developers as we expand our engineering team. As a front-end engineer you'll play a vital role in the ongoing design and development of our app, noticing every detail without losing sight of the big picture.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter; you’ll spend your time building reliable front-end experiences. We would like you to have:
- 3+ years of professional experience as a front-end engineer
- Advanced proficiency in building modern web applications with Java Script
- Created displays of proprietary data using D3 or related libraries
- Demonstrated efficient use of APIs (REST/JSON) for data transfer and business processes
- Up-to-date knowledge of React and Typescript
- Experience integrating third party component libraries
Not all of these are required, but ideally you have experience with:
- Building complex custom interface components
- Using software configuration management (SCM) tools (e.g. Git, Subversion) for software development
- Sass and CSS-in-JS
Some nice to haves
- Demonstrated ability to improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Built scalable code bases with an emphasis on performance
- Experience with containers (Docker/Kubernetes) and the AWS ecosystem
- Interest in providing visualizations of ML-driven or algorithmic data
We are a distributed team headquartered in Boston, with an office in Nashville, TN. However, our culture allows flexibility as to when, where and how you work best – and actively employ and support remote engineers.
- Competitive salary
- Health and vision
- An attractive equity package
Basil supports and encourages building a work environment that is diverse, inclusive, and safe for everyone -- and we welcome all applicants.