Jack Henry, a leading provider of technology solutions and payment processing services primarily for the financial services industry is hiring an Endpoint Engineering, Sr. Manager to join our growing Corporate Operations team within the Tech Services Organization. The Manager is responsible for the daily running of the internal help desk, PC tech, and Endpoint Engineering teams. These teams have responsibly for the imaging of Endpoints, support of Endpoints, and the patching of Endpoints and systems across the enterprise. The internal help desk supports all Jack Henry & Associates employees with password resets, account lockouts, Endpoint issues, and application support.
This position supervises multiple staff in areas of Endpoint support/engineering as well as best practices, IT standards compliance, and audit compliance. The overall vision of the team is to provide excellent user experience and support to Jack Henry’s employees. The position will be demanding and requires a strong leadership background with effective engineering skills to drive the team to succeed, providing metrics and reporting to show growth and workload for this increasingly complex environment as well as ensuring a fun work atmosphere.
This position will be worked Remotely.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in Information Technology of which 5 years has been in a Manager role.
- Must have 3 years of experience in Help Desk management.
- Experience in moving internal help desk functions to a managed service.
- Experience in managing the vendor relationship with a managed service.
Through subordinate managers:
- Oversees the specification, configuration, installation, and maintenance of server hardware and software systems.
- Ensures systems are monitored for optimum performance and availability.
- Evaluates hardware and software systems for compatibility with existing systems and recommends products for corporate use, based on functionality and value to the organization.
- Oversees the implementation of system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Oversees system backup, restore testing and data storage/archive processes.
- Oversees periodic recovery testing of DR plans.
- Ensures that customer and internally reported system problems are resolved.
- Ensures operations reviews are conducted and updates/improvements are made to address findings.
- Oversees all asset management functions including system size, design and life cycle, maintenance contracts, asset disposal, vendor relationships, etc. Oversees all major computer hardware purchases.
- Oversees data center design such as cabling design, rack layout, and power management.