Sense is building an AI and automation platform for home energy infrastructure. Come join our team and ship a best-in-class consumer product built on cutting-edge machine learning technology. We have a wide range of interesting technical challenges, a deep stack that spans embedded, native mobile, web, and the cloud, and a team of highly curious, collaborative engineers who enjoy solving hard problems together. If the idea of making a significant impact on the product sounds exciting to you, let's talk!
As a senior backend engineer at Sense, you'll use your expertise to expand the capabilities of our cloud platform and enable the next generation of new product features. You'll also be a key contributor to maintaining and scaling a high-quality production service. You should be
- Focused on delivering functionality that benefits the customer and provides real value.
- Passionate about building high-availability, performant, and scalable systems.
- Experienced at designing clean, usable REST APIs.
- Tenacious when tracking down production issues, digging into metrics and logs as needed to run a problem to the ground.
- Excited about high-volume, realtime data and solving the challenges it poses.
This role is inherently collaborative. You'll work with engineering, marketing, design, and product teams, and interact with colleagues throughout all levels of the company.
- Competitive compensation and generous healthcare benefits.
- Flexible hours and WFH policy.
- Paid parental leave.
- Remote or local in our Cambridge Central Square office (re-opening spring 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19).