Shoott is looking for a full stack developer to join our growing team of 4 developers on a full-time basis. Note that this is a remote position but there's a preference for applicants in Montreal as that's where the bulk of the tech team is based.
In this role, you’ll play a key role in designing, building and scaling the tech that runs our business as we expand across the US and internationally. We’re a tiny team (12 people in the whole company!) so you’ll be front and center in working with all levels of the stack and solving complex and interesting problems, with a particular focus on creating beautiful, useful, reliable web apps. Most projects will be greenfield and there’s a huge opportunity to learn and grow as a developer with as much responsibility as you’d like to take on.
- Scripting capabilities with the language of your choice, e.g. Python, Perl, Bash
- Other code optimization and performance tools, e.g. Gulp, Webpack, CSS pre-processors, Bootstrap, task runners
- Creating and using REST APIs
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Adept and proactive at problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Comfortable with the fast-paced nature of startups, dedicated to teamwork, accountability, and communication.
Nice to have:
- Some data science knowledge and experience
- Some experience with cloud architecting and cloud providers, e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Working knowledge of PHP and WordPress experience