Who we are:
Loadsmart aims to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to more efficiently move freight throughout North America. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning models to connect freight with trucks. We automate with algorithms and scale with integrations to better match supply and demand. In doing this we reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carriers and providing cost savings and instant booking for shippers.
Where we are:
Loadsmart was founded in New York and is currently headquartered in Chicago, IL. Our teams operate remotely from different parts of the United States as well as in several locations across Latin America.
Who you are:
You believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about reimagine a 700 billion dollar industry. You take your impact seriously. You are passionate about building solutions that create sustainable, resilient, long-lasting value. You are a first-rate software engineer, with experience and a proven ability to think strategically, creatively, commercially, programmatically.
The person in this position will be responsible for creating, developing and maintaining services written mainly in Go, to support the Sourcing Automation Squad Group. The day to day work is about understanding the business needs from Product, and having the autonomy to achieve the results developing new features and collaborating with the engineering team, product and stakeholders in planning and evolution of existing features, allowing the product to grow in a sustainable way.
The Sourcing Automation team is responsible for all the carrier products created in Loadsmart. These products are developed to help millions of carriers in the United States to keep their trucks full and their drivers happy, allowing them to be more profitable.
Under Sourcing Automation, you will help create these products and establish a one stop shop for carriers across the United States, allowing them to book and haul loads, get paid, plan their schedules and trips and help small to medium carriers to be profitable.
- Plan, Design and implement software written in Go
- Plan, Design and implement integrations with Loadsmart’s partners
- Collaborate with Product department in order to specify new features and guide the specification of new software to be developed
- Construct scalable and fault tolerant systems to fulfill the needs of our carriers
- Help with recruiting, mentoring and support in other team members, supporting their growth and development
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) and feel comfortable talking to native and non English speakers on a daily basis.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience writing software in Go
- Minimum of 6 years of experience writing software for web applications
- Ability to lead the implementation of new features with some supervision
- Ability to create system architecture that is fault tolerant and scalable
- Knowledge of software and architectural design patterns
- Knowledge of message brokers, asynchronous code execution, concurrency and parallelism is important
- Skilled with version control software, such as Git
- Experience with AWS ecosystem (RDS, Kinesis, API Gateway)
- Experience with GCP is a plus
- Experience with Linux OS