As a DevOps engineer at Seez, you will be part of a team that is responsible for managing our infrastructure as well as working with the development team to automate builds and releases. At Seez, we use Docker heavily on dedicated servers, as such you will be expected to have very good Linux sysadmin and database management skills. We also use a selection of AWS services to facilitate various operations.
Our infrastructure roadmap involves going from a single site to multi-country distribution. If this is your speciality then this is your opportunity to help us define how this will look like.
What you’ll do
- Ensure that our infrastructure is secure, patched, and accessible
- Script and automate scalable infrastructure
- Support our databases, bother in hardware and accessibility
- Work with developers to ensure CI/CD consistency across all projects
- Help to design and implement our future infrastructure
- Collect and publish infrastructure and application metrics
- Prepare, test, and maintain backup and DR plans
Our tech stack
- Docker on Linux with Docker Swarm
- Python 3 & Odoo ERP
Who you are
- You come from a sysadmin or development background and are passionate about site reliability and security
- You feel at home in a Linux terminal and know your way around the Ubuntu OS
- Dedicated hardware management is something that you are skilled at
- You have hands-on experience with AWS, Cloudflare, Docker & Docker Swarm, and Ansible
- Having experience setting up k8s as we're considering migrating from Docker Swarm
- You can keep your head cool in stressful situations
- You take pride in what you do, but welcome feedback
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work in a team
- Prior experience in working with Scrum and, or Agile methodologies
- Perfect reading, writing, and oral skills in English
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our team members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and Gulf Standard time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Work from home or a nearby co-working space, the choice is yours.
Perks of being with Seez
- Work anywhere within the EMEA region
- Unlimited Paid Vacation
- Wellness counsellor
- Competitive salary
- Be a part of a fun community
- Heavy start-up culture in a stable organization
- Paid coworking space (if remote) or office
- Strong peers to learn from
- Opportunity to learn and grow with trust and responsibilities