PeopleDoc, now UKG, is looking for experienced and talented web developers who love working with Python.We’re a growing team, building web applicationsforHuman Resources, serving millions of worldwideusers daily. We’re addressing critical HR matters such as document management, communication with employees, pay slip distribution, contract signature, etc.
We aredevelopingREST APIs,Django apps and tools. We love using modern yet stable tooling, and we don’t hesitate to craft our own tools when needed.Code quality is paramount for us: we promote a solid unit-testing culture, with a lot of pair programming, and we leverage code reviews to share knowledge. Our day-to-day stack includes modern Python 3, asyncio, Django, pytest, PostgreSQL, Ansible, Docker.
As a member of one of our feature teams, you will work closely with Product Owners, JS developers, UX designers, Site ReliabilityEngineers and Database Admins. You will be integrated in an autonomous, self-contained team with ownership over the whole product lifecycleand with an agile mindset.
One day per week, all the Python developers are invited to work together across teams and share best practices. You will have the opportunity to work togetheron common tooling benefitting everyone, as well as contributing to internal and external open-source projects.We like to keep a strong connection with the global Python community by sponsoring, attending and sometimes speaking at conferences.
We have a remote-friendly culture, and you can work fullyremotely from France, the UK or Germany. Part-time remote contracts are also possible.Wehave nice and modern offices in Paris Xe.
A successful candidate, you will be able to:
- Design, test and ship new features in collaboration with the Product Team
- Use your deep understanding of web technologies and APIs to advise on the system's architecture
- Push your code in production, improve our deployment process and monitor it
- Analyze, rethink and refactor the code to scale the application
- Contribute to open-source projects
What you bring to the table:
- The ability to write tested, production-grade Python, and solid SQL skills
- A good understanding of Linux development and automation tools (we use Ansible to manage configuration, and you are expected to deploy your own application and features)
- Like to learn & share, you are passionate and humble about your skills
- Good communication skills. As a team and “international company” we communicate mostly in English
What we bring to the table:
- Teamwork is in our core values: we learn from each other by pair programming or via extensive code reviews, we take responsibilities as a team and grow together
- 20% of your time working within our internal Python community on common tooling, open source initiatives, experiments, …
- Remote-welcoming: flexible remote culture with 70% of our Python developers working fully remotely, quarterly R&D meetups in Paris, teams accustomed to working with remote folks & digital tools.
- Nice offices in Paris Xe, with free food, games & activities
Check out how we give our employees the chance to work on whatever project they want for 48 hours! https://youtu.be/2Aw55CP1IO8
Typical Interview Process:
- If your application is selected, a Talent Acquisition Team Member will reach out to schedule a phone screen with them.
- If selected to move forward, you will complete a HackerRank Coding Assessment.
- If you pass, you will either move forward to a technical phone call for an additional screening, OR directly to an onsite interview.
- Offer stage.