Are you interested in being part of a well-funded, early-stage company dedicated to improving learning? Are you a curious problem solver and critical thinker who wants to use technology to solve real-world problems? Are you independently motivated and excited by the challenges of establishing a world-class distributed team? If so, consider joining the Eddy team as its founding engineer.
We envision a society of lifelong learners, connected and empowered to continuously achieve milestones and thrive. To start, we’re focused on parents of elementary, middle, and high school students for whom today, learning is inefficient, frustrating, and often misaligned. We’re here to give that environment a long-overdue upgrade for the 21st century, reframing the way a generation of families thinks about learning and all of the stakeholders involved.
We’re seeking a founding Application Engineering leader to join the Product team and build the product and services that will help upgrade learning for the 21st century.
The Application Engineering Lead will:
- Drive the evolution of our current beta offering to a world-class product for learners and their stakeholders
- Contribute technical guidance, strategy, and architectural design in support of business and product
- Drive high-level project estimates and budget
- Lead a team of engineers to deliver technical projects including contributing directly to the codebase
- Help with recruiting and onboarding of new engineers
- Own the whole application software development lifecycle
- Establish and evaluate engineering processes and recommend improvements proactively
- Determine the initial technical stack on AWS and the long-term technical stack