The Quality Assurance Analyst role is a crucial position that bridges the gap between the technical support team, the product implementation team and the development team while, at the same time, carrying out tasks assigned by the test manager. This role enforces our quality standards and is integral to improving the product.
Our team is growing and we’re recruiting for a Software Quality Assurance Analyst to join our Quality Assurance team. This is a remote role however you will be required to travel to our Southampton or London offices as needed for meetings and training.
- Coordinate with the test manager in carrying out the various day-to-day task.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Identify, record and document defects thoroughly throughout the software development process.
- Provide relevant resolution steps to the technical support team.
- Report discovered defects to all relevant departments for correction.
- Carry out regression testing after code changes have been made.
- Analyse customer support tickets captured by the technical support team and escalate to QA for review.
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- A propensity to explore and understand highly complex software systems.
- A firm grasp of the English language both written and verbal.
- Good face-to-face communication skills as well as the ability to easily work in a remote environment.
- Capacity to work with diverse defect scenarios, as well as interacting with different stakeholders.
- Experience with one or more defect tracking systems (E.g: Jira, TargetProcess, SalesForce).
- Ability to analyse situations and solve problems.
- Ability to write concise and error-free test cases.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Manual functional testing experience (preferably with web-based applications).
- Interest in the understanding and learning of a programming language.
- Understanding of black-box testing techniques.
- Basic understanding of SQL.