As a core member of the Global Technology Office, we are looking for a talented cloud solution architect with deep government focused commercial experience, ideally strong GSA (General Services Administration - https://www.gsa.gov) expertise and deep Google Cloud Platform knowledge. You will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees, and partners. This role will make our products easier to adopt and use by making improvements to the product, tools, processes, and documentation.
- Knowledge of the requirements of the GSA Contract for internal organizations, as necessary, to ensure compliance through documented processes and business controls to monitor performance
- Communication of changes, updates, and contract details to sales, support organizations and management.
- Communication responsibilities will be coordinated with other GSA team members based on assigned areas of responsibilities
- Advisor to management regarding any GSA contractual issues and plan for resolution to mitigate risk and loss of sales
- Identify and lead to resolution any actual or potential contract risk issues
- Maintain a thorough understanding of contractual obligations, compliance obligations, and business needs and take necessary steps to ensure all are met.
- One of the focal points to GSA on all contractual matters
- Establish good working relationship with GSA Contracting Officer(s) and GSA management
- Stay current with GSA procurement changes and trends impacting GSA
- Knowledgeable on GSA procurement practices
- Subject matter expert on Cooperative Purchasing
- Work with other GSA Team Members to ensure on-going seamless administration of the GSA Schedule contracts
Core technical skills
- Thorough knowledge of General Services Administration Acquisition Manual (GSAM) and GSA solicitation and contract processes and policies.
- Solid understanding of the FAR and federal procurement and acquisition policies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal requirements such as Most Favored Pricing, Country of Origin, etc.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Previous experience managing, negotiating, and administering GSA contracts.
- Proven leadership skills (through direct and indirect influence)
- Business process improvement and opportunity assessment skills
- Understanding of trends in the IT industry and Federal marketplace
Core behavioral competencies
- Ability to deal efficiently with escalations and difficult situations
- Strong ability to thrive in a global, fast paced matrix environment
- Problem solving aptitude - the ability to understand, articulate and execute marketing/business strategy and critical client objectives
- Ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries, build relationships, and achieve broader organizational goals
- Good communication, presentation, and interactive skills with team across geography
- Works well under pressure and meets deadline
Educational / professional qualification
- Bachelors or Masters degree in relevant technology field (i.e. in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or equivalent practical experience in technical support, professional services, and software development
- 10 years experience working in a Federal Contracting GSA-related role
- Track record of working in global organizations with more than 10 years of technology experience in a combination of engineering, architecture, cloud computing and digital transformation, etc.
- Specialization in complex multi-million dollar programs and with advanced technologies