TL;DR; Role Overview
We’re looking for a C# .NET Core Full Stack Developer on a contracted basis to help support our Data Operations team at AMBSE (Falcons, Atlanta United, Concerts, Monster Trucks, etc.). The three core focus areas for this role are 1) creating processes to integrate with our 3rd Party APIs and store it in our on-prem SQL Server Data Warehouse, 2) building some UI that helps our team combine, shape, and model that data for our Analytics and Business Intelligence team, and 3) building rapid POC applications as we find new ways to showcase the technical marvel that is MBS. You’ll be the primary (only) developer on this project, all infrastructure is internal, and we have good supporting teammates to help on the infrastructure side. Source Control is Azure Dev Ops. Position is a 6-month contract position for now, 40 hours a week. There is a potential to extend the length of the term or convert to full-time depending on market conditions and needs.
This role is designed for the application developer that loves to pair their passions – the ability to plan, design, and create software solutions that make a difference – and to see those differences at work every time or clubs (the NFL’s Atlanta Falcons and MLS’s Atlanta United) take the field or our stadium hosts a game changing event for the city of Atlanta (past events have included College Football’s National Championship, the Final Four, and the Super Bowl).
This role will work directly with our Emerging Tech, Data, and Analytics department at AMBSE who exist to create competitive advantages for all facets of our organization. This role will focus on designing solutions that impact our entire organization, with a focus on improving operational efficiency, exposing greater insights to our business units, and providing all our fans with an unparalleled fan experience.
This is a full stack role – you will be driving all aspects of the software development process. But don’t worry, you’ll have friends across the entire AMBSE organization to tap into along the way (more about AMBSE below). We already have a Server and Infrastructure Team that is responsible for one of the most technologically advanced stadiums in the world, InfoSec to help protect and secure our data, and a fully mature companion department in the Atlanta Falcons Football Technology team. You’ll have the support to focus on the application at hand while also having some autonomy & freedom in your design.
This role will report to the VP of Emerging Tech, Data, and Analytics (a former developer himself) but will receive daily direction from the Emerging Tech, Data, and Analytics Department. This role will (eventually) be primarily based out of Mercedes Benz Stadium in downtown Atlanta, GA, however part time remote work may be an option for the right candidate.
Key responsibilities include:
- Application Development
- 4+ years’ experience in Application Development, ideally in the Microsoft Stack
- Experience in working with the full stack of development – from our Backend SQL Database to the Web Presentation Tier
- Understand Agile Principals and Methodology
- Ability to establish and stick to well defined coding standards and experience
- Property unit test and debug code before deployment
- Understanding of Continous Integration
- Language / Toolset (Strong Recommendation):
- ASP.NET Core / MVC / ASP.NET Razor / C# / Entity Framework
- Azure Dev Ops
- Build and Deployment tools such as Team City and Octopus Deploy
- Database Development
- Work with our Data Warehouse Manager to design database tables that drive our Application
- Have a functional understanding of database design, relational integrity, CRUD operations, and stored procedures
- Language / Toolset Requirements:
- SQL Server 2018, SSMS, SSIS
- All Candidates should have a solid command of SQL Querying Language, including advanced knowledge of Stored Procedure, SQL Functions, Joins, Aggregations, etc.)
- BI Tools including Power BI and Excel Power Pivot are a plus
- Must have a can-do, creative, and positive approach to problems & challenges that they will face
- Must be a creative problem solver
- Must have strategic vision and the ability to demonstrate the value of new initiatives to non-technical team members
- We’re a small team, must play well with others!