Do you have a desire for creating solutions through team brainstorming and collaboration? Is working remotely important in your life? Are you self motivated? Do you have strong communication skills? If these things resonate with you, then you could be a great fit for our growing team!
As a Senior Software Engineer at Emerlyn Technology you will be responsible for developing software to help pharmacies around the country make better purchasing and inventory management decisions every day. We create a positive user experience through our hosted services that are scalable and secure.
The right candidate will have experience working with old and new technologies to enhance our company and services. Above all, a passion for the software industry and a desire to learn and strengthen your own abilities are the traits that we are looking to add to our team.
Some of the tools and technologies we currently use are listed below. Even if you don't have experience in these tools, please apply anyway. We are looking for diverse experiences and know you will have no problem learning our toolset.
- Java, Kotlin, Clojure
- Struts, Spring Framework, Hibernate
- SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Ubuntu, Docker
- AWS, Terraform
We are re-engineering our current on-prem Java/Kotlin application and moving to Clojure & AWS. You should have experience with, or a desire to learn Clojure, and a willingness to help maintain Java & Kotlin.
While maintenance and enhancement of current applications is part of what you will do here, responsibilities also include:
- Being part of an innovative and motivated team evaluating and integrating new technologies
- Maintaining an environment that encourages education, code quality, and team mentorship
- Performing analysis, design, development, and unit testing of complex software applications
- Creating web solutions utilizing best practice technologies
- Working with other software engineers and management to develop new tools or enhance current systems for customer requirements, correct defects, and integration with other systems
- Being an integral part of our agile team process, with daily stand up discussions, retrospective processes, quarterly planning, and customer conversations
- On call rotations are a required part of our DevOps philosophy
- Minimum of 8 years software design and development experience.
Nice to have
- A working knowledge of the healthcare and/or pharmacy industry.
- Familiarity of purchasing and inventory management systems.
- Familiarity with B2B data transactions using EDI.