Market America/Shop.com, a Global Product Brokerage and Internet Marketing company that specializes in One-to-One Marketing, is seeking an experienced SQL Database Developer in our Shop.com IT department.
The SQL database developer has expertise in SQL coding and data modeling, reporting and analytics, and has worked with Microsoft SQL server and Microsoft BI technologies. Designs and develops data processing, data models and reports to support our SHOP.COM site development team. Will also be responsible for organizing and improving workflow for our SSRS Report Server. Will work with Business users such as marketing, product managers, and managers of third party relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build an understanding of the business and how it maps to databases, then develop processes, reports or tools to extract the data needed.
- Use MS SQL/SSIS/SSRS and Excel technologies to maintain and improve business reporting and analytics.
- Data Warehouse Analysis, Design and Development. Development of new and maintenance of existing SSIS packages and processes.
- Development and maintenance of T-SQL Queries and stored procedures.
- Work with other SQL developers to develop and extend data warehouse modeling to provide flexible and efficient access to information.
- Lead projects to implement ETL workflows.
- Work with business users and business analysts to identify information needs, and design effective reporting and information delivery.
- Build, testing and deployment of MSBI components across multiple environments.
- Performance tuning of T-SQL Queries, stored procedures, SSIS packages and ETL services.
- Management and monitoring of SSIS/ETL environments.
- Development and implementation of process, procedures and SOPs for MSBI components.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering, business or a similar field is required OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of direct hands on ETL including database, application design, transformations and process flows.
- Demonstrated SQL development experience working well with business users having varying levels of technical capability
- Experience with querying large data sets and troubleshooting performance issues
- Strong understanding of data warehousing and business intelligence architecture.
- Understanding of Microsoft SQL Server database development and administration tasks
- Strong understanding of ETL design and implementation.
- Strong T-SQL development skills, including development of automation scripts.
- Experience with Performance Tuning, including performance problem identification,
- Excellent oral and written communication and collaboration skills required, to effectively work with a variety of business users and software developers.
- Ability to act proactively and to apply creative problem-solving skills
- Motivated learner with a passion for technology
- Experience with Excel, Power BI, Tableau or another BI tools a plus
- Experience with big data techniques a plus
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team to meet the stated objectives of Market America and marketamerica.com
- Experience with development and documentation of technical specs, diagrams, and best practices.
- Knowledge of cloud based (Azure and/or AWS) BI implementations.
Market America offers competitive salary and generous benefits, including health, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with company match, and an on-site health clinic.
Qualified candidates should apply online. This position will be based from our Greensboro NC location but performed remotely. We are not currently able to sponsor for this position.
Market America is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT MARKET AMERICA, INC. & SHOP.COM
Market America | SHOP.COM is changing the way people shop and changing the economic paradigm so anyone can become financially independent by creating their own economy and converting their spending into earning with the Shopping Annuity®.
ABOUT MARKET AMERICA, INC. & SHOP.COM
Currently in its 27th year, Market America, Inc. is a global product brokerage and Internet marketing company that specializes in one-to-one marketing and is the creator of The Shopping Annuity. Its mission is to provide a robust business system for entrepreneurs, while providing consumers a better way to shop. Headquartered in Greensboro, NC, the company was founded in 1992 by Chairman and CEO JR Ridinger and has generated over $8.5 billion in accumulated sales. Market America employs approximately 1,000 people globally with operations in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia and Malaysia. Through the company’s primary shopping website, SHOP.COM, consumers have access to approximately 60 million products, including Market America exclusive brands and thousands of top retail brands. Market America’s revolutionary Shopping Annuity program, which helps shoppers convert their existing everyday spending into earning, is an extraordinary and financially meaningful benefit of the business. Internet Retailer has ranked SHOP.COM #65 in the 2018 Internet Retailer Top 1000, the #36 largest global online marketplace in the 2019 Internet Retailer Top 100 Online Marketplaces Database, #96 in the Internet Retailer Asia 500 and the 18th fastest growing Internet Mobile Retailer. The company is also a two-time winner of the Better Business Bureau’s Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics, was ranked 8th in the 2018 Grant Thornton North Carolina Top 100® (NC100) and received 2018’s Triad Business Journal’s “Fast 50” award as one of the top privately-held companies for sustained growth, driving the area’s economy. By combining Market America’s entrepreneurial business model with SHOP.COM’s powerful comparison shopping engine, Cashback program, Hot Deals, SHOPBuddy™, Express Pay check out, social shopping integration and countless other features, the company has become the ultimate online shopping destination.