Location: Remote | Los Angeles, CA | San Francisco, CA | Irvine, CA
What we do: we are a tech company, operating a thriving and growing broadcast platform, Alexa ranked in the top 100 sites internationally, and the top 25 in the United States, with approximately 10 million daily users, and a worldwide community of fans. Independent Broadcasters use our platform to create and share live streaming video, photographs, and similar content, generally adult in nature, (but no adult content is required). Our web application is built on a Python/Django framework, paired with a custom built Typescript framework on the front-end, and a handful of microservices in Golang & Rust. Multi Media LLC is seeking a talented software engineer with expert knowledge of video and live streaming (experience with Wowza would be a plus).
- 400k+ concurrent live video streams
- 170k hours broadcasted daily
- 21.6 petabytes of data streamed daily
What will you do
- Act as a knowledge center for Wowza (or similar) streaming best practices across Multi Media teams. Identify, recommend, and implement improvements to the site.
- Participate in tech discussions to define the most appropriate solutions to improve latency.
- Work on features supported across all major web browsers, mobile devices, smart TVs, and video consoles.
- Plan, scope, and execute tasks from a backlog.
- Fix existing bugs on a case-by-case basis.
- Produce clean, performant code to deliver the best consumer experience.
- Participate in daily standups and brainstorming sessions to figure out the best technical solutions to achieve the goals set by the management.
- Willingness to pick up new skills and/or coding paradigms as necessary.
What you bring
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer in a high-paced production environment.
- Expertise in video processing, transcoding, and streaming technologies such as Wowza, HLS, WebRTC, ffmeg, OBS, and different audio/video codecs.
- Python / Django and Typescript experience are nice to have, but not required.
- Proven track record in improving latency.
Perks & Benefits:
- Health & Life insurance with dental and vision plans. 100% Employer-sponsored for employee & dependents
- 401k matching
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days
- Corporate Udemy account and professional development assistance