Lumiform is a VC-backed SaaS start-up based in Berlin, Germany, but operating globally. Our goal is to transform internal inspections in a massive, untapped market which still relies on pen & paper. We enable companies to simplify and digitalize their inspection workflows to improve quality & safety and save time.
We are looking for a passionate iOS Software engineer who gets the chance to work on our still young iOS app. Our goal for the next 3 months is to make the iOS app more reliable and intuitive, while after 3 months, you'll work to help our users to not only conduct inspections but better collaborate and communicate seamlessly with the app. With our learning culture, we want to support your personal and professional growth. We provide a learning budget and reserved every Friday afternoon for acquiring new skills. Just as important, by working at Lumiform you not only get the chance to develop as an engineer and person but in this early phase of the company you also get the unique opportunity to shape the success of Lumiform and our mission: To help millions of employees and organizations exceed their quality promises and make jobs safe. You will work closely together with a highly experienced Android and highly experienced iOS engineer.
- Libraries: RxSwift, Foundation, UIKit, Xcode, CoreData
- Week 1-2: Familiarize yourself with all aspects of Lumiform. You will be extensively onboarded and you will have time to settle yourself at Lumiform.
- Week 3-8: You are writing your first lines of code and get your first tasks. Half a day a week you can also train in an area that interests you. You will have constant discussions and feedback with our tech lead Oleg and daily interaction with the entire development team is routine. You will get familiar with our whole tech stack
- Month 2-4: By this time you know the iOS App and our system already quite well. You, together with the team, will focus on tasks to improve the intuitiveness and reliability of our iOS App to provide the users with the best possible experience
- From month 4: You are ready for the next phase: Improving the iOS App and implementing improved workflow management that will save our Users even more time. After that, you will work on new types of inspections.
Tasks in general
- You are fully involved in all processes and you already understand the Lumiform system very well.
- As always, you get completely pre-defined designs by our product designer and well-structured tickets in Jira by our product manager.
- Collaborate with our QA engineer that will support you with developing reliable code
- You work at all levels of the iOS App and take the full responsibility
- 5+ years of iOS development experience.
- Deep understanding of iOS SDK, Swift, including all the related best practices, tools and libraries: RxSwift, Foundation, UIKit, Xcode, CoreData.
- Knowledge of designing and implementing interfaces to connect to existing RESTful JSON API, moving large volumes of data reliably.
- Clear understanding of HTTP protocol, regular expressions and encoding/decoding.
- Experience with Model-View-ViewModel architectural patterns.
- Delivering good quality code is a matter of pride for you.
- As an early-stage startup, our product evolves rapidly so your work has a major impact on our highly growing user base
- We care about your personal & professional development. You receive a monthly learning budget for books, courses, conferences etc. and some hours per week are reserved for learning new skills.
- We offer a competitive salary
- Feel free to work remotely like all of our developers. Collaboration has fully adapted to it and we try our best to keep up the team feeling.
- In case you want to visit us or work from the office: We have a beautiful workplace in the heart of Berlin (Torstraße in Berlin Mitte) as well as benefits like fresh fruits, free drinks, good coffee etc.
- Flexible working hours
- Join a team of 8 nationalities (of 16 employees) and of various backgrounds. We ensure that you have regular contact with everybody and that you are updated on the company progress
- Flat hierarchy
- No overtime
- VC-backed / job security