Scalable Path is looking for a UX-UI Designer to join the team and work on a client project. This is a remote, part-time position (approximately 4 hours/day).
CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
The client has a SaaS product that helps teams read documents and extract the data they need using machine learning. It is completely self-serve (for business users) making it the easiest to use machine learning solution in the document processing space.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The client is looking for an expert UX designer to audit the user experience of their business self-serve AI product and design improvements that would make it better and even more user-friendly and intuitive for the end-user. In particular, they emphasize these key UI principles:
- Keep the UI as simple as possible without a lot of visual noise and settings
- Guide the user naturally to the correct next action
- Nudge the user with constructive feedback to keep them motivated and show improvement
What makes this design project unique is that the client's software needs to present the predictions from their machine learning AI to users to give feedback to improve the AI which isn't a traditional problem in UX design.
In addition to improving their core product, they are also adding a new user onboarding flow that they would like an experienced designer's input on.
Tasks and Deliverables:
- UX audit and creating a prioritized list of suggested improvements
- Mock-ups of UI enhancements and/or new UX flows
- The ideal designer will be an expert in UX for business self-serve applications
- Previous experience with enterprise-level web apps that have high volume operation
- Ability to do competitive/complementary product research is helpful. They don't want to do full client interviews at this point, but this ability and background would be a plus if you continue to work together long-term.
- Strong skills in modern design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Invision, and/or Zeplin.
RELATIONSHIPS - WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
Reporting to CTO and working with the frontend team The client is in the America/Toronto (-05:00) EST time zone.
As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION:
Initially a 1-month sprint. Ongoing for up to 6 months if everything is going well.
Hours per week and duration are flexible.
- UI/UX Design (Must have)
- Written English (Must have)
- Spoken English (Must have)
- Wireframing (Must have)
- Sketch (Strongly preferred)
- Figma (Strongly preferred)
- InVision (Strongly preferred)
- Zeplin (Strongly preferred)
- Market Research (Strongly preferred)