Designed by analysts but built for the entire team (security operations, threat intelligence, incident response and security leadership), ThreatConnect’s intelligence-driven security operations platform is the only solution available today with intelligence, automation, analytics, and workflows in a single platform. Centralize your intelligence, establish process consistency, scale operations, and measure your effectiveness in one place. To learn more about our threat intelligence platform (TIP) or security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) solutions, visit ThreatConnect.com.
We are looking for a Python Developer to join the ThreatConnect Engineering Team. Cyber threats are ever present and constantly evolving, leaving major companies all over the world at risk. This is where ThreatConnect steps in. So if you’re interested in having a real impact on the security landscape of these companies by working on an intelligent innovative product, this might be the role for you.
Job descriptions are by nature, extremely specific. While it may seem like we’re looking for a very specific candidate, we encourage you to apply if: you have an insatiable passion for learning new products, designing intelligent solutions, and love seeing your hard work come to life for our users.
You crave knowledge and experience. You’re the kind of person who looks for opportunities to learn new technologies and gain knowledge. Once you finish one task you are ready to gain experience from the next.
You are a great communicator. You are comfortable speaking with stakeholders that have a variety of backgrounds: engineers, security analysts, and product management alike. The medium doesn’t matter, sudo code and written functional requirements are all just a way to make sure we’re able to find the signal in the noise the right way.
You are detail-oriented. You’re the kind of person who won’t just close a tab and say “that’s probably close enough.” You naturally try to optimize solutions to problems in your life. You prefer your requirements to read like a bulletproof set of rules to a game, rather than buzzword soup. You like thinking through the corner cases of a dataset to figure out where the landmines might be hidden before you step on them.
You are a tinkerer. As a person you love to build new skills and get excited about new subject matter. You relish the idea of applying your skills to other facets of your life outside of work. Learning is a constant for you, where any problem without an immediate solution is just an opportunity to grow and master something new.
You get restless when things get “stagnant.” We’re looking to do better than just writing code; we want to solve a problem. You want our products to be invaluable and help make our users more efficient. When the game changes beneath your feet, you’re excited to start running in a new direction.
Things You Will Do
- Write beautiful and well structured code that is reusable by our customers
- Build applications that integrate with third-party products to solve varied use cases in the Cybersecurity domain
- Write functional test cases with Pytest to validate functionality and provide future regression coverage
- Dive into product documentation and API specifications to find the best approach to achieve goals
- Collaborate with peers on best practices and collective goals
1-3-6-12 Month Plan
On day one we'll expect you to...
- Understand basic design principles for Integrations
- Understand the “lingo” of Integrations and App development
At 3 months we'll expect you to...
- Write small Apps to support the product road map
- Understand moderately complex principles for Integrations
At 6 months we'll expect you to...
- Write most App types and sizes
- Understand all principles and designs for Integrations
At 12 months we’ll expect you to...
- Write all App types and sizes
- Contribute to design flows and philosophies for App development
- You have 3+ years of experience writing Python code
- Experience analyzing and interacting with third party APIs, including understanding returned data sets and how they are applicable to the current project
- Experience working remotely and in conjunction with remote teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A positive and people-oriented attitude
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Candidates with cyber/information security backgrounds will be preferred
- Experience working with REST client such as Postman
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacation/sick, time
- Your birthday off
- Employee recognition program with quarterly awards
- Employee referral program
- Military leave options available
- Education reimbursement program for job-related college courses and professional training
- Quarterly events with your geographic team
- Annual company party
- MEDICAL PREMIUM FOR INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES ARE 100% COVERED
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Company-paid short term and long term disability
- Company-paid insurance and AD&D coverage
- Pet Insurance
- 401K retirement savings plan with company matching program up to 6%
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical, dependent care, transit and parking)
- Cell phone stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave