As a member of our Cloud Ops group, you will help continue to define our transformation towards an enterprise SaaS solution, hosting numerous top-tier customers. With a quickly growing customer base, we need creative engineers to help architect innovative solutions to meet our growing demand. You will be joining a team of highly talented, rapidly moving developers involved in nearly every aspect of the software development lifecycle. We’re looking for an engineer with a strong software development background who has experience creating build, test, and deployment pipelines. To be successful you will need a DevOps mentality of continuously improving the system, and a firm grasp on automation and cloud architectures. You should also be passionate about solving problems and developing creative solutions leveraging automation.
Your First 90 Days
In your first 30 Days, as your familiarity with the product and pipeline grows, your responsibilities and influence will grow as well. You, along with your team, will be responsible for the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of the new K8s pipeline. Further, you will collaborate with members of both the Product and Operations teams to ensure CI/CD pipeline requirements meet product needs and that operations can support new functionality.
Within your first 60 Days, you will fill in the gaps to have a well-tested, low-latency and highly available environment for our product operational needs. Working with the development team, you will start to implement out the gaps in creating and supporting a truly scalable product offering. You will be highly influential in the formation of the rest of our cloud development team as you help hire additional engineers. Your team will be responsible for supporting production environments.
Within your first 90 Days, you will help drive changes to the operational and development roadmap as we continue onboarding new and existing customers into our hosted production environments.
What You’ll Do
Design, provision, configure, and maintain the CI/CD pipeline and automated environment provisioning to handle running several application stacks in the cloud that can scale to the thousands of customers using our products as well as our internal Product Team.
- Automate the deployment and maintenance of cloud platform technologies in both upper and lower environments
- Aid in improving the overall product through development task specific automation in lower pipeline
- Integrate static analysis tools in build pipeline (security, code quality, etc.)
- Add database deployment capability to release pipeline (automate schema changes across all databases)
- Incorporate test automation into build pipeline
- Separate code from configuration in build/release pipeline
- Drive multi-tenant product solutions
- Implement and oversee log management, data warehouse, and database operations, including management of Logging/Audit services
- Ensure all monitoring systems (infrastructure- and application-level) are in place; report on availability
- Research and implement emerging virtualization techniques and advise management around improved scalability
- Design and implement strategies around disaster recovery and security for all sub-systems in infrastructure (g., web servers, database, queues, storage, network)
- Build strategic and tactical plans for continued improvement of cloud architecture and operations
- Perform capacity management, load and scalability planning
- Help drive process improvements for service management, including: outage/incident management, rollbacks, and reporting
- Assist management in development and optimization of operational cost models
- Assist in the establishment of 24x7 performance monitoring, reporting and response protocols
- With the help of your team, Cloud Operations, and Development, you will provide on-call support outside of normal work hours/days
- 4+ years of hands-on development experience with applications and RESTful API’s architected for cloud
- Performance optimization experience, including troubleshooting and resolving network and server latency issues, performing hardware evaluation/selection tasks, performance vs. cost vs. time analysis
- 1-3 years of experience with Kubernetes
- 1+ year(s) of experience with automation or scripting tools (e.g., GO, Python, Shell)
- You’re devoted to automation
- Driven, humble, and autonomous
- A quick study, strong communicator, and you’re able to adapt to fast-paced environments
- Working knowledge of Agile Development practices (g., SCRUM, TDD)
- Detail-oriented, with excellent documentation skills, and able to successfully manage multiple priorities
- Troubleshooting skills that range from diagnosing hardware/software issues to large scale failures within a complex infrastructure
Other Things We Hope You Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Experience implementing production Docker/Kubernetes environments
- Experience with Terraform
- Hands-on experience with building and maintaining a continuous integration and delivery pipeline
- Experience with Relational Databases such as Oracle, Aurora or Postgres
- Experience with Splunk (or other log aggregation tools), Grafana, and Prometheus
You will be an integral member of what will ultimately be a three-person team of Cloud Development Engineers. You will report to our Director of Cloud Development but will collaborate extensively with the Director of Development and the rest of our Development team.
We have an open and collaborative environment where everyone works together to deliver what is needed, from product features to operation’s needs (e.g., health checks).
We value open and direct communication, taking calculated risks that will push us forward, and investing in our people.
- Production and Continuous Integration footprints in Azure and AWS
- Front-end applications leverage .Net, Vue.js, React, Java
- APIs comprise of .NET, Java, Golang
- Backend comprises of MS SQL Server, Oracle, AWS Aurora
- Developing CI/CD Pipeline leveraging Kubernetes (EKS), Golang, Postgres, Terraform
- We are a Team. Employees, customers, and partners working together.
- We are Customer-Focused. Customers are the heart of everything we do.
- We are Driven. Seeking exceptional outcomes.
- We Own our Success. Every employee has a stake in our company.
- We do the right thing and have fun in the process.
Unanet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws.