Backend Engineering at Tessian
At Tessian, we're building machine-intelligent filters to secure enterprise communications. This involves high volume, low latency data processing for some of the world’s largest organisations. Our mission is to keep the world’s most sensitive data private and secure - to do this we're looking for backend engineers to help build out our platform supporting our next stage of growth.
The backend systems power the whole company and our teams have touch points with all of our engineering teams. From deploying data science models in production to integrating with our front end, you'll be involved in projects that span all aspects of the business.
Our teams are made up of people from diverse backgrounds; some have been building Python systems for years and some have learnt the ins and outs of Python on the job. Read more about Engineering at Tessian:
As a Tessian Backend Engineer you will
- Design reliable distributed systems that handle high volumes of data with low latency
- Maintain and support business-critical systems
- Ship code to production every day using CI/CD techniques
- Tackle the challenges that come with processing highly sensitive data
- Value security over box-ticking
- Make your mark on ambitious projects
Our backend tech stack includes
- Python 3
- Environments built around Docker and AWS
- High volume PostgreSQL databases
- Concourse for CI/CD
- Terraform built environments
We'd love to meet someone who
- Has 4+ years of Software Engineering experience
- Is a great problem solver who takes pride in their work
- Values getting things done over getting things perfect
- Is comfortable with the unknown and loves to experiment
- Can construct good arguments for methodologies or practices
- Has worked with, or understands the principles behind working with data at scale
- A passionate software developer, either with Python experience or excited to learn it
- Ideally has an interest in machine learning
Why we think you'll love it here....
It’s important to us that all Tessians are part of the journey we’re on, so we offer equity options with every role and benchmark to provide above market rate salaries - there’s plenty more too….
Be at your best, both inside and outside of work
- 25 days of paid holiday (including an additional day for every year you've worked at Tessian!)
- Private health insurance provided through Vitality Health and mental health support through our Employee Assistance Program
- Classpass - subsided access to gym time and classes all across London
- Flexible working hours and working from home (if you're not already remote!)
- Enhanced pension contributions, matched up to 5%
- We’re family friendly, with policies built to support you in all stages of life
- High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on including Tessian ANC headphones
- If you're relocating to join the team, we'll provide a contribution to help with your costs
- Elite membership of the Tessian House System...
- Every other Wednesday we stop at 5 and share team updates and drinks
- Monthly remote team socials & a big, whole company extravaganza every quarter
- Never-ending ping-pong tournaments