A Better opportunity:
Help us hack a thirteen trillion dollar industry by building a product that will allow more people than the status quo to own a home and build wealth rather than rent for life. Our tech team is still small (roughly 200+), and you will be a big part of defining the technical direction and culture. We encourage proposals for projects off the beaten path, experimentation with different frameworks and libraries, and doing as you see fit to solve problems. We are a remote friendly organization so you or your team members could be based in NYC or anywhere across the US.
We are working hard to make the mortgage experience extraordinary, and we need exceptional frontend engineers to do it. Every behavior and interaction matters in helping our borrowers easily navigate a complex process. As part of our Homeowner Experience and Growth Teams, you could work on any number of projects including:
- Last Mile: After homeowners have gone through their verification process, there’s a lot of waiting that happens until the day they close their loans. Anxiety is high. How can we improve their experience as their loan finalizes and gets funded?
- Eligibility and Verification: In order to make homeownership accessible to all Americans, we need to ensure our processes and education can accommodate the diversity of our customer base. How can we create customer experiences that simplify an enormously complex process and increase transparency around eligibility criteria?
- Activation and Loan Pre-approval: Help customers get to their loan, and their dream home, faster. As part of the Activation Team, you will work on a core product experience for every customer that comes to Better.com. We work on providing a flawless and fast pre-approval experience for our customers. A faster, more accurate pre-approval means a happier customer who can get into their dream home faster.
- Organic and Paid Acquisition: Help our customers find our loan products faster. By working on the acquisition teams, you will work directly with marketing, brand and design teams to help bring high fidelity interfaces and experiences to life. These teams help our customers find us, while also doing rigorous a/b testing and experimentation to find the most effective solutions.
- You have extensive experience with React, Ember, Angular, Vue or other modern JS frameworks (React preferred)
- You have some experience with Node.js.
- Your interpersonal skills allow you to effectively collaborate cross functionally with designers, product managers and other engineers.
- You have a keen product sense and know when a feature works and when it can be improved.
- You have a good visual and aesthetic sense – a portfolio of past projects is a huge bonus.
- You’re passionate about shipping fast, smooth, seamless experiences.
- 6+ years of experience working as a front end engineer
- We continuously ship code to production 50-100 times every day
- Node.js, Python (3.6) and Golang for services
- React, webpack 4, SCSS, Ember.js on the frontend
- TypeScript / ES7 across the stack
- Postgres for our relational databases, ActiveMQ for our message broker, Redis for caching, Redshift for analytics
- Kubernetes, Docker, and Terraform for deployment and devops
- AWS infrastructure, leveraging EC2, S3, CloudFront, Route53, and much more