Do you want to work on a mission driven product leveraging virtual reality to help patients all around the world? Would you be delighted to use your powers of organization and problem solving to help optimists deliver innovative solutions in healthcare? Then come join our team!
Osso VR ( https://ossovr.com/ ) is an award-winning surgical training platform, focused on improving access to professional medical training, and patient outcomes. We’re looking for experienced, thoughtful candidates to join our growing company.
This position is responsible for managing the engineering team, technical recruiting, contributing to technical development strategy and roadmap planning and coordinating solutions to complex technical challenges.
- Managing the engineering team
- Contributing to, identifying, and executing on recruiting needs
- Contributing to technical development strategy and roadmap
- Coordinating solutions to complex technical challenges
What we’re looking for
- Experience in gaming, VR, SFX and/or real-time art pipelines
- 5+ years of relevant engineering management experience
- Comfortable multi-tasking - working on multiple products and releases in parallel
- Clear communication style, in person and in writing
- Responsive, professional and kind
- Comfortable working with remote/distributed teams, and being on a fully distributed team
- Undeterred by challenges - a resilient, creative and adaptable problem-solver
- Active, not passive: self-motivated, responsible and reliable
- An experienced manager, able to:
- Break larger projects into smaller deliverables
- Scope work into deliverables suitable for individual contributors
- Identify technical alternatives and trade-offs, and communicate those alternatives clearly both to engineers and other departments
- Contribute constructively to negotiations on product deliverables
- Coach less-experienced engineers
- Partner with more experienced engineers, leveraging their experience to build a highly productive team and systems
- Identify tools and automation improvements to support team (and company) productivity