It's an exciting time for us at VIKTOR. After launching our platform in 2016 we are rapidly growing our user base, our team and our developer community. We are hyper-focused to make VIKTOR the low-code development platform for developers,engineers and scientists wanting to automate the boring work and enable them to build awesome products.
To further grow our team we are looking for a talented backend developer. If you are passionate about building scalable backend services, enjoy developing a platform that is both used by developers as well as end-users and you are comfortable working with the latest technologies, then we're eager to get to know you.
What are you going to do:
You will be working as a backend developer in a mixed platform development team to further grow the platform, while maintaining its stability.Platform growth follows different directions to facilitate users, developers and managers. Thisincludes making it easier and quicker for developers to build and deploy their applications, more intuitive for users to utilize and sharethem and for companies to bring their workflow to the digital era.
To achieve that, you will be working on a variety of subjects including microservices, RESTful APIs, duplex communication and web sockets, and relational databases.You will be designing and implementing new features, like Single Sign-On or role management, but also more simple features like a CRUD resource, a notification service, a web hook, or an activity feed. The stack you will be working on includes mainly Python, Django and PostgreSQL, but also Go (Golang) and Node.
We offer you:
- A flat organizational structure, in which taking responsibility and initiative is encouraged
- A friendly international working environment where you can get the best out of yourself
- Opportunity to evolve your role as the company continuous to grow
- Developer friendly environment, CI/CD, integration and unit tested software
- An office in the center of Rotterdam, a few minutes walking from Central Station
- Possibility to work from home if that suits you, also after the pandemic
- Online Friday afternoon drinks and bimonthly team activities
- Flexible working hours, plenty of days off
- Possibility to work part-time (32h)
- You have an academic level of working and thinking
- You have at least 2 years experience in designing APIs, building web services and working with relational databases
- You are strong in Python. Experience in other server-side languages, like Go(Golang), Node, Ruby, PHP or Java, is also appreciated
- You are a team player, a passionate developer, with good communication skills and a keen interest in automation
- You care about code quality, low maintenance and development velocity
- You are interested in or are already familiar with Docker, queuing systems and cloud infrastructure
- You have a European nationality or you live in the Netherlands and you have a valid residence permit (VIKTOR is not a recognized sponsor).