MayStreet Inc. has an immediate opening for a Lead C++ Developer. This is a full-time, remote position. We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic problem-solver with an interest in capital markets data to join us as we continue providing technology innovation and support to the world’s leading global capital markets companies.
Reporting directly to the CTO, in this role, you will lead a talented and open-minded software team that works on mission-critical applications within capital markets technology. You will have the opportunity to lead and contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle – from suggesting the use of emerging technologies to designing, integrating, and upgrading complex architecture.
Who we are
MayStreet is a global software company servicing the world’s top capital markets trading companies. We’re building the next generation of capital markets technology. Global capital markets are an ocean of fast-moving, interrelated and complex data. Historically it’s been nearly impossible for all but a select few firms to make use of much of this data. MayStreet solves this problem by managing collection, storage and API access to uniquely high-quality data sets.
Current strategic pursuits
The ideal candidate will be an outstanding hands-on C++ developer and leader, able to grow our platform’s functionality across asset classes, data sets, and business verticals. Developers on our team have the rare opportunity to work on challenging and important problems as they transform high-quality raw data into actionable insight. Duties include:
- Leadership – Drive development forward, review code and push for excellence
- Develop – Write extremely high-quality, reusable and reliable C++ code.
- Problem solve – Use code to solve challenging problems that affect a wide range of capital markets players.
- Collaborate- Interact with adjacent business functions including sales, product development, and client support.
- Exchange specialist – Research and comprehend exchange rules and formats for both public market data and order entry systems.
- New technology – Work with state-of-the-art hardware (top-line CPUs, NVME, Solarflare, ExaNIC).
- Research – Explore and implement new C++, OS, and hardware features.
- The ideal candidate should have at least 8+ years of relevant experience
- Significant experience mentoring and managing a high performing team
- Excellent C/C++ skills
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to seeing tasks through
- Excellent problem solving, coding and design skills
- In-depth C++ developer experience
- Ability to design, develop, and implement efficient code
- Excellent problem solver
- Superb communication skills
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid medical, dental and vision insurance package
- 401K with matching
- Company stock options
- Generous personal-time-off package
- Entrepreneurial environment
- Small team with growth opportunity
- Exposure to all aspects of the financial technology services industry
MayStreet is an equal opportunity employer.