Builds and sets up development tools and infrastructure to automate and improve the efficiency, quality, and effectiveness of product engineering teams. Responsible for the automation of builds, testing, deployment, health and performance monitoring of highly available applications in a cloud environment. Provides subject matter expertise on the tools and best practices associated with these tasks.
- Deploys and maintains critical applications across environments
- Implements health and availability monitoring
- Automates builds, deployments, and other tasks related to the development life cycle of the applications.
- Deploys and maintains CI/CD pipelines
- Sustains and improves the means and process of knowledge sharing among the engineering team
- Contributes to the evolution, development and support of processes that govern the development life cycle.
- Researches and stays up to date with new technology trends.
- Responsible for establishing and managing established quality control and security protocols
- Leverages technology to develop, redesign and/or implement optimal solutions.
- Maintains effective partnerships across the organization
- Is familiar with and a champion of Infrastructure-as-code and Configuration-as-code methodologies
- Has expertise in containers, building containers with Docker, and using containers to perform builds.
- Has strong technical knowledge in orchestration in general and Kubernetes, specifically
- Expert understanding of Git, and concepts related to Git
- Possesses excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Familiarity with the processes associated with Agile methodologies
- Demonstrates sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are loosely defined and where information is available but must be further manipulated.
- Identifies those project tasks that are most important and maintains a clear sense of priorities and the larger picture.
- Anticipates and effectively responds to changes in workload and resources.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills by displaying an understanding the needs and perspective of others.
- Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and can function under pressure in an independent environment.
- Proven a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
- Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of small high performance project teams in a dynamic fast-pace environment.
- Lives the core DMG Values