Are you passionate about developing products and integrating these products with different systems using the latest technologies? Hobsons is seeking a talented and energetic Sr. Software Engineer to join our team in either our Arlington, VA office or Remote from anywhere in the US. The role will suit a self-motivated engineer, who has 5+ years of engineering experience with a proven track record of product delivery. The Sr. Software Engineer at Hobsons will be involved in significant development projects for our market-leading K-12 SaaS product. Your work will focus on developing applications using various cutting-edge technologies following an Agile process.
What will you be doing as a Sr. Software Engineer at Hobsons?
- Modernize, design, develop, and test software components using Node.js, React, and AWS cloud-native technologies;
- Collaborate with other team members to incorporate the best practices and innovations into our products to help to set the team technical direction and ensure it aligns with the larger organizational technology strategy;
- Collaborate closely with product managers and user experience during discovery, design, and development;
- Stay current on technology trends and identify ways to innovate our products in the education space.
We're looking for someone who has...
- Bachelor’s Degree in information systems, computer science, engineering, or another relevant discipline;
- 5+ years of experience in developing software product solutions;
- Thorough knowledge of modern AWS cloud-native technology tools, languages, and programs; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
- Proactive sense of urgency and can-do attitude
A leader in education technology, Hobsons helps more than 15 million students to identify their strengths, explore careers, match to best-fit educational opportunities, create academic plans, and reach their education and life goals. More than 13,000 K-12 and higher education institutions partner with Hobsons and leverage our expertise and our solutions -- Naviance, Intersect, and Starfish -- to improve college and career readiness, college recruiting and admissions, and higher education student success to support millions of students.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or another legally protected status.