Designed by analysts but built for the entire team (security operations, threat intelligence, incident response, and security leadership), ThreatConnect’s intelligence-driven security operations platform is the only solution available today with intelligence, automation, analytics, and workflows in a single platform. Centralize your intelligence, establish process consistency, scale operations, and measure your effectiveness in one place. To learn more about our threat intelligence platform (TIP) or security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) solutions, visit ThreatConnect.com.
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer to join the User Experience (UX) Team at ThreatConnect. Want to help create a product that helps major companies worldwide protect themselves from growing cyber threats, all the while working from wherever you want? Then keep reading!
Job descriptions are, by nature, extremely precise. While it may seem like we’re looking for a specific individual or background, we encourage you to apply if: you care deeply about improving front-end technology so our customers can have a great experience using our product.
We are a flexible and creative team, embracing the values of freedom and responsibility. We work in small groups composed of Designers, UX Engineers, and Front-End Engineers to build out new features. As a team, we have defined five values we strive for and hold each other accountable to.
- User-Focused: We utilize research to empathize and understand their needs in order to create the best possible user experience
- Inquisitive: When we ask “why” every day, it’s about learning the purpose behind the things we build. We would rather find a better way to do things than check someone else’s boxes. We aim to learn more, always. We never settle for yesterday’s understanding
- Collaborative: We strive to be respectful, encouraging, and supportive as we freely exchange ideas in and across teams in order to build the best product possible
- Imaginative: We enjoy exploring possibilities of what could be, as we aim to delight our users in ways they haven’t even realized they needed
- Committed to Quality: The quality of our user interface directly impacts the daily lives of our customers, so we're committed to being detail-oriented, always improving, and staying open to feedback
You think of the user first. For you, programming isn’t just about closing a ticket or completing a feature; it’s a love song to your users. From the very start through the end of a project, you always think and care about ensuring this feature has a positive impact on their lives.
You are collaborative. You're a team player who puts the interest of the team above your own. You display a positive attitude, are open, and enjoy contributing. You feel that the team that surrounds you is just as important as the skills you cultivate.
You hit the ground running. We aim to move at a quick yet, sustainable pace. We are a growing team and company with lots of customers waiting for the best new features you’ll help build.
In this role, you'll get to...
- Build reactive, reusable Angular components (using TypeScript, HTML, and LESS) that enable us to build better and faster, with fewer bugs
- Prototype new features in collaboration with our designers and UX Engineers
- Build services that connect to RESTful APIs, sending and receiving data, utilizing RxJs to its full potential to create reactive streams that minimize bugs and reduce cognitive load
- Review code written by individuals across various teams
- Help put tools, processes, and documentation in place to improve our code quality
- Work closely with our Product, Core, and QA teams to ensure that we’re building fluid experiences that meet customer needs
- Simultaneously write Unit Tests and End-to-End Tests with Karma/Jasmine/Cypress in conjunction with features you’re building to help prevent future regressions
- Research, guide, and execute front-end architecture changes
- Keeping up with the latest Angular framework improvements and how they can impact the way we build ThreatConnect
- Share what you know and learn either one-on-one or as part of our monthly “First Friday Workshops”
- Measure and resolve performance bottlenecks using tools like Chrome DevTools, Lighthouse, WebPagetest, or custom tooling
Added perks of the gig...
- Experience the freedom of a remote-first, 100% distributed team
- As a team, we have the freedom to drive and shape how features are built
- You’ll be collaborating with high performing designers and Engineers
Day one, we'll expect you to...
- Understand the ins and outs of modern Angular
- Be proactive with learning the ThreatConnect platform
- Have time management skills that would allow you to complete tasks without manager oversight
3 months in, we’ll expect you to...
- Have a foundational understanding of the ThreatConnect platform
- Be able to troubleshoot bugs in the platform when provided with steps to replicate
- Be able to assist other Engineers in developing new features in ThreatConnect
6 months in, we’ll expect you to...
- Be able to handle development on small to medium-sized new features, with as-needed assistance from other Engineers
12 months in, we’ll expect you to...
- Be able to lead development on a large-sized new feature
- Be able to mentor a Junior Engineer
- Have a solid understanding of our user personas and anticipate user needs
Added bonus if you have...
- Extensive experience writing heavily reactive code
- Expert knowledge of modern Angular (6+)
- Experience with the Ivy in Angular 9+
- Angular Certified Developer or Google Developer Expert
- 8 Paid Federal Holidays, 2 floating
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacation/sick, time
- Your birthday off
- Employee recognition program with quarterly awards
- Employee referral program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Military leave options available
- Education reimbursement program for job-related college courses and professional training
- Quarterly events with your geographic team
- Annual company party
- MEDICAL PREMIUM FOR INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES ARE 100% COVERED
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Company-paid short term and long term disability
- Company-paid insurance and AD&D coverage
- Pet Insurance
- 401K retirement savings plan with company matching program up to 6%
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical, dependent care, transit and parking)
- Cell phone stipend