Are you interested in working in a dynamic and growing international company? Are you passionate about solving difficult, new, and unique problems? Do you have a knack for automating anything you have to do more than once? Want to work remotely, in the comfort of your home, apartment, local coffee shop, co-working space, park, wherever?
If you answered yes, then you will love working as a Sr. or Lead Site Reliability Engineer within the Cloud Platform team at MariaDB.
Locations: Fully remote anywhere in the US or Canada
Work Visa's: No sponsorships are available at this time
Comp: $140K - $200K (highly dependent on experience and work location) + equity + 25 days PTO, 401k matching, private medical
Technical requirements: Applicants must have production level Kubernetes experience. Any exposure to writing operators is a big plus but not essential. Cover Letters explaining your Kubernetes experience will be greatly appreciated.
What You’ll Do
MariaDB is building a new team to better serve our customers in public cloud environments. As part of this team, you will work alongside software engineers, DevOps engineers, QA engineers, product managers, UX/UI designers, and the rest of the product team to ensure the best product with the best features gets built. Your input, guidance, and contributions will be invaluable to the project as a whole. We will look to you for innovative ideas to boost performance, reliability, and security of our database products in public cloud deployments.
MariaDB is a globally distributed company, telecommuting via the internet, and making heavy use of email, web, slack, and similar technologies. Because we must provide coverage to our customers 24x7x365, this position does occasionally involve on-call work on nights, weekends, and holidays, however we leverage our global team to minimize the impact as much as possible.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Effectively collaborate with other engineers remotely
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Experience supporting a PaaS, IaaS, DBaaS, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud
- Working knowledge of infrastructure as code software tools such as Terraform
- In-depth knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Experience coding in one or more of the following languages: Python, Go, Ruby or Bash
- Previous experience working remotely
- Contributions to open source software
- Extensive experience with multiple public cloud vendors
- Experience writing operators with Kubernetes
- Kubernetes certification
- Docker certification
- Google Cloud, AWS, and/or Azure certification
- Experience with ServiceNow Platform
- Networking knowledge/certification(s)