Position: Senior or Lead Full Stack Engineer
Salary: $160K - $215K (heavily dependent on experience and work location) + RSUs, performance bonus, sign-on bonus
Location: SF, Chicago, Austin or Remote
About Cisco Meraki:
We’re making IT easier, faster, and smarter. Our full stack teams build and maintain our web application, which manages millions of network devices from our cloud. Our customers use the Meraki dashboard and mobile app to monitor and configure critical IT infrastructure that serves tens of millions of people every single day.
About the role and your impact:
As a Meraki Full Stack Engineer on the dashboard team, you will collaborate with other full stack engineers to design, plan, and build new features for our customers. With the help of product managers and UX designers, you will construct intuitive but powerful workflows to tackle the meaningful problems that IT professionals face every day. You will solve the networking challenges faced by small businesses.
Meraki’s product engineering teams are small, fast-moving teams striving to make our products unrivaled by balancing their feature-rich abilities with their simplicity. You’ll be developing the tools by which our customers configure and monitor network devices all over the world. You'll have the chance to make an impact by engineering creative solutions using a mix of technologies. Our engineers are well versed in a wide array of CS concepts and excited to jump around languages, platforms, and all levels of the Meraki stack.
You can expect to:
- Develop tools for customers to configure and monitor networking devices all over the world.
- Build intuitive and powerful workflows to solve important problems for IT professionals around the world, by collaborating with product managers and UX designers.
- Be a technical leader by helping other engineers make architectural design decisions while evangelizing engineering best practices.
What you'll bring:
- Strong experience in web backend technologies, like Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Python or Go.
- 5+ years of experience writing professional production code and tests.
- 3+ years of experience in building rich web UIs (React, JavasScript, TypeScript).
- Would thrive in a small engineering team and are excited to solve open-ended problems across the stack.
- Are a strong leading individual contributor and want to grow into a tech lead role.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, React, and Postgres.
- Experience or willing to work in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
- Have working knowledge of network protocols used on both local and wide-area networks.