Principal Office: Austin, Texas 78701, United States
[A] is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Software Developer Engineer in Test or SDET to become a core [A]gent and a pivotal part of the innovation development team.
Responsibilities for this team include building tools and APIs for the next generation of knowledge management, decoupled content, schema design, and customer experience delivery.
Building, managing, and maintaining high standards of quality across the development lifecycle are they key focus points for this role.
Our Software Development Engineers in Test ensure every release is smooth, consistent, and awesome, by taking part in the complete software development and testing process.
[A]gents on the development team work on qualifying releases, collaborating cross-functionally, supporting teams implementing automation frameworks, and collaborating with the development team on bug fixes, and data validation. They also ensure quality code releases that are resilient, scalable, and performing optimally on our state-of-the-art infrastructure.
This is a remote role that can be done from anywhere in the world 9 hours difference from the US Central Time Zone.
What you'll do:
- Implement and enhance testing tools, testing infrastructure, automation frameworks, and testing project management.
- Perform load and performance testing to ensure scalability, reliability and fault tolerance, as well as utilize and evaluate test results from automated testing harnesses.
- Work with the development team on bug fixes, data validation, and new features using C# and Angular Framework.
You may be a good match for this role if you possess ...
- Competency with databases including SQL or NoSQL.
- Experience building test engineering assets using development practices and tools (e.g. APIs and Angular).
- Experience implementing testing frameworks.
- Experience in test automation and proficiency creating automated unit, build, and regression test suites.
- Strong knowledge of QA processes, methods and tools including manual testing (i.e. Black Box, White Box, Integration, System, etc.)
Cultural Fit at [A]
- You love learning, you love teaching.
- You are constantly growing your own knowledge, and helping to grow the knowledge of others.
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats and roles, and titles are not important to you.
- You do top-quality work, manage quality, and make everything you touch better.
- You are comfortable working under strict confidentiality agreements and often behind-the-scenes.
- You are self-organized and manage time and resources well.
- You are able to not only work alone, but also communicate within a team by sending updates, tracking time, and other forms of communication while you work.
What is [A]?
[A] is the Content Intelligence Service, and we work with clients to create a Content Intelligence System. The Content Intelligence System is a holistic set of people, processes, and tools that maximize content-ROI by ensuring content is coherent, self-aware, and quantum. By creating a Content Intelligence System, we increase the effectiveness and ROI of the content assets while reducing overall costs. [A] works holistically to build all aspects of a content intelligence system in partnership with clients and agencies. This includes not just the technology architecture and implementation, but enabling companies with the organizational muscles to drive content intelligence.
What's Up With the Name?
Our name is easy. Just say "A." The [A] brackets represent markup, microdata, content intelligence. The letter "[A]" represents the start, initiation, beginning of change. We are going to help change the world with intelligent content.
[A] Team Benefits
Being an [A]gent comes with its benefits. Work from anywhere. Advance your career on the leading-edge of the content and technology sciences. Earn a competitive salary, and for longtime [A]gents, participation in a profit-sharing plan. But many [A]gents find the best part of working as an [A]gent are the other [A]gents you work with and the culture at [A].
We take care of each other and we honor each other's work and contributions to the team. We work to make ourselves better and our [A] team better. We make efforts to adapt new technologies and methodologies that can help us optimize our time, and we expect you to collaborate on these efforts if you're an expert on any of those fields. We communicate and reach out to other [A] players. We love learning. We love teaching. We write. We code. We support each other. For the right people, working at [A] feels like coming home.
Learn more about [A] at simplea.com.
If this sounds like you, then write up a cover letter letting [A] know why you want to work at [A], what you do best, and what inspires you. A great cover letter will say much more than the resume (though we'd like to see that too).