We are Ascent. We’re on a mission to help our customers connect data, software and purpose to create extraordinary outcomes. You could say we are a digital transformation business. But we’d rather say we help people solve problems, or do new things, or do existing things better.
We specialise in software product development, analytics and data science, IoT solutions, machine learning, DevOps optimisation and modernisation of applications, data and platforms. And in case you were wondering, our customers are awesome. From smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics - we work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
Ascent is UK based with specialist hubs in Malta and Bulgaria and smaller local teams in 14 countries worldwide. We’re a 300+ strong team that’s growing – fast – in a vibrant market and we are continuously looking for new talent and perspectives. And right now we’re looking for Senior AWS Developers (.Net) to help our teams define and deliver success.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a member of the Development Team delivering a range of cutting edge solutions, you will play an active role in activities related to the design, development, and maintenance of our products.
- Designing and implementing new functionality in the product based upon backlog items according to the definition of done to the required quality and within the agreed time.
- Actively contributing to the architecture of the solution and evangelising patterns and best practices.
- Involved and vocal participant in the agile ceremonies.
- Applying independence and creativity to problem solving across backlog items.
- Mentoring other developers.
- Test completed backlog items.
- Responsible for the backlog item estimation.
- Understand and follow guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications perform to functional and non-functional specification.
- Diagnosing and resolving product bugs identified.
- Maintaining and supporting existing software.
- Maintain required project technical documentation.
- Providing advice, guidance and expertise in developing proposals and strategies for software development lifecycle.
- Ensures that development tasks are being created and adequately described.
- Ensures that the branching strategy is being adhered to.
- Manage code reviews (pull requests) ensuring quality code.
- Responsible for the deployments and data migration.
- Ensuring that the development environments required for the project are in place and available.
- Setting up CI / CD pipelines
- Writing up release notes for deployments.
Required skills and qualifications:
- At least 5 years of software development experience in .NET development
- Strong understanding and past experience of different database paradigms (SQL and NoSQL) and their application.
- Strong knowledge of cloud-based solutions in AWS
- Strong knowledge of microservices concepts like event based messaging, domain driven design, containerization and related technologies
- Strong analytical and logical thinking abilities
- Strong problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work within a team and focus on a common sprint goal while delivering high product and code quality.
- Experience in source control and collaboration tools like GIT and Azure DevOps / Jira
- Experience in working in an Agile team
- Teamwork – work well within a team and within established boundaries
- Can do approach – flexible and able to provide effective solutions
- Communication - conveying information effectively and demonstrating active listening
- Attention to detail - ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task