Market America is a Global Product Brokerage and Internet Marketing company that specializes in One-to-One Marketing, is seeking an experienced Interactive Designer for our Web / Mobile department.
The interactive designer has a strong background in graphic design communication methods and techniques with the additional application of interactive media, including knowledge of basic development using HTML and CSS. The ideal candidate supports the marketing efforts of the organization with graphic solutions and interactive elements for retail trade web portals, promotional assets and email marketing. Works with Product Managers, Department Managers, IT, and the Executive Management Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Can conceptualize, design and build fully functional interactive elements or pages from concept to completion using standards-compliant HMTL and CSS with an understanding of responsive design methods.
- Creates original concepts and layouts that stylistically follow brand guidelines and communication
- Collaborates with User Experience and Design teams to effectively create, maintain, implement, and enforce style guides, standards, reusable templates, and best practices for client-side coding.
- Develops rapid prototypes or experimental versions of new concepts or products.
- Monitors trends and new technologies to evaluate for possible adoption.
- Collaborates with internal Business Analysts, Business Owners, as an integral part of our Marketing and Creative departments on short and long-term projects.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Graphic Design, Interactive Media, Web Technology, or related field.
- Two to three years of experience in web-based coding, user-centric design systems, and website and/or application development.
- Or combination of equivalent experience, education, and training.
- An understanding of responsive design and development with the ability to code without much assistance from a code editor.
- Moderate to above moderate levels of English reading comprehension, speaking, and writing; active listening, monitoring, critical thinking, evaluation, judgment, originality and attention to detail.
Qualified candidates should apply online. This position will work remotely based from our Greensboro NC location. Sorry, we are not able to sponsor for this position.
Market America is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT MARKET AMERICA, INC. & SHOP.COM
Market America | SHOP.COM is changing the way people shop and changing the economic paradigm so anyone can become financially independent by creating their own economy and converting their spending into earning with the Shopping Annuity®.
ABOUT MARKET AMERICA, INC. & SHOP.COM
Currently in its 27th year, Market America, Inc. is a global product brokerage and Internet marketing company that specializes in one-to-one marketing and is the creator of The Shopping Annuity. Its mission is to provide a robust business system for entrepreneurs, while providing consumers a better way to shop. Headquartered in Greensboro, NC, the company was founded in 1992 by Chairman and CEO JR Ridinger and has generated over $8.5 billion in accumulated sales. Market America employs approximately 1,000 people globally with operations in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia and Malaysia. Through the company’s primary shopping website, SHOP.COM, consumers have access to approximately 60 million products, including Market America exclusive brands and thousands of top retail brands. Market America’s revolutionary Shopping Annuity program, which helps shoppers convert their existing everyday spending into earning, is an extraordinary and financially meaningful benefit of the business. Internet Retailer has ranked SHOP.COM #65 in the 2018 Internet Retailer Top 1000, the #36 largest global online marketplace in the 2019 Internet Retailer Top 100 Online Marketplaces Database, #96 in the Internet Retailer Asia 500 and the 18th fastest growing Internet Mobile Retailer. The company is also a two-time winner of the Better Business Bureau’s Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics, was ranked 8th in the 2018 Grant Thornton North Carolina Top 100® (NC100) and received 2018’s Triad Business Journal’s “Fast 50” award as one of the top privately-held companies for sustained growth, driving the area’s economy. By combining Market America’s entrepreneurial business model with SHOP.COM’s powerful comparison shopping engine, Cashback program, Hot Deals, SHOPBuddy™, Express Pay check out, social shopping integration and countless other features, the company has become the ultimate online shopping destination.