Breakthrough is seeking a software development engineer to join our rapidly growing Technology Solutions team based in Green Bay, WI. We are seeking an individual who is passionate about building software platforms to deliver products that disrupt markets by innovation.
The ideal candidate will thrive on embracing organizational vision to ideate and drive technical solutions forward by investigating and experimenting with emerging platforms and frameworks. We are building cloud first applications that are scalable, flexible and support a rapidly changing market with continuous launches of new innovation, features and products.
In this role, you will be an integral part of the technology team that creates and implements a vision for an ecosystem of enterprise applications that support critical revenue generation for the company. You will also be a strong influence in integrating best practices into technology development and operations procedures. Our company roadmap includes launching new products every 18-24 months with cross-disciplinary teams that include skills in application development, data science, Cloud first architecture, cutting edge data lake strategies and communication protocols.
Our holistic organizational culture is reinforced every day through our smart, passionate and edgy team members that are focused on excellence in service to our clients and each other. We work hard, give back and move markets by delivering "Breakthrough" innovations and value.
- Determine, support, and enhance the technology framework that nimbly provides powerful results for our internal and external clients.
- Leverage our Google cloud infrastructure to host all enterprise applications and data.
- Actively participate in the structural shift and decommissioning of legacy systems hosted in our On-Prem infrastructure.
- Participate as technology lead in large application development projects, optimizing and mentoring team members.
- Actively participate in the development of skills and capabilities within the developer team to build their technical expertise, decision-making abilities and model best practices using an agile approach to execution.
- Collaborate with Data Science resources to explore AI/ML opportunities for new products. Build proof of concept applications that can transition into the product development lifecycle.
- Design, develop and enhance data pipelines that are at the core of Breakthrough's current and future data product offerings.
- Build data products using modern cloud architectures and development tools
- Implement tenant specific business logic via meta data.
- Bring technical thought leadership, an inquisitive nature and desire for excellence to our agile product-based teams.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Commitment to exceptional service to our internal and external clients.
- Self-motivated with a natural curiosity and commitment to continuous learning.
- Strong desire for cross-team collaboration and excellent vertical communication skills.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field; or related work experience.
- 10+ years of IT experience with at least 5 years in a lead design or architectural capacity.
- Strong knowledge of cloud infrastructure and full stack architecture best practices.
- Broad knowledge and experience with multiple development and DevOps technologies such as Java, Python, Node.js, React, linting frameworks, and testing frameworks.
- Broad knowledge and experience with advanced technologies such as containerization and distributed computing.
- Experience with high-volume transactional systems.
- Experience working with cloud-based data services such Dataflow (Apache Beam), Pub/Sub, GCS and BigQuery.
- Experience with relational and document databases such as PostgreSQL and Cloud Firestore.
- Proficiency with Git and DevOps deployment in Google Cloud or other cloud platforms.
- Understanding of component-based design and architecture.
- Experience consuming and creating APIs (REST and GraphQL).
- Experience with modern CI/CD pipeline technologies such as git, static code analysis, test-driven development etc.
- Experience with modern infrastructure as code patterns using tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, and Airflow.
- Familiarity with authentication/authorization and security principles and best-practices
- Prior experience in supply chain, transportation/logistics a plus.
What qualities are we looking for?
- An individual who is passionate about software architecture and development.
- An individual who strives for excellence with a laser focus on team communication and facilitation of ideas.
- An individual with a proactive attitude who works well in a fast paced team environment.
- An individual who communicates and collaborates well with teams in IT and business organizations within the company.
- A critical thinker with good problem-solving skills and an ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication skills to express oneself clearly both verbally and in writing. Persistent, active listening skills.
ABOUT BREAKTHROUGH:Breakthrough is the expert in managing the energy and information that fuels the movement of goods globally. We use our patented technology and industry knowledge to create transportation energy and supply chain management strategies for the world's leading shippers. We remove the waste associated with distorted supply chain practices and reveal data-driven insights to give our clients a competitive advantage in their supply chains.
WHY WORK AT BREAKTHROUGH? See our SMART, PASSIONATE, and EDGY team in action: https://www.breakthroughfuel.com/careers/