Breakthrough is seeking a software development engineer to join our rapidly growing Technology Solutions team based in Green Bay, WI. We are seeking an individual who is passionate about building software platforms to deliver products that disrupt markets by innovation.
The ideal candidate will thrive on embracing organizational vision to ideate and drive technical solutions forward by investigating and experimenting with emerging platforms and frameworks. We are building cloud first applications that are scalable, flexible and support a rapidly changing market with continuous launches of new innovation, features and products.
Our team is an open minded, evolving, innovation focused technology team. We approach our work through self-managed, multi-disciplinary teams that bring together data science, software development and a robust quality program to quickly bring new products to market.
Our holistic organizational culture is reinforced every day through our smart, passionate and edgy team members that are focused on excellence in service to our clients and each other. We work hard, give back and move markets by delivering "Breakthrough" innovations and value.
- Design, develop and enhance data pipelines that are at the core of Breakthrough's current and future data product offerings.
- Build data products using modern cloud architectures and development tools.
- Collaborate with data scientists, data engineers and analysts to feed the data lake with clean, normalized data. Build APIs and datastores to enable the curation of data flowing into Breakthrough.
- Bring a deep understanding of cloud technologies and open source tools to create world class product experiences.
- Implement tenant specific business logic via meta data.
- Build cutting edge software products that are highly flexible and scalable using a UX driven product development strategy.
- Bring technical thought leadership, an inquisitive nature and desire for excellence to our agile product-based teams.
What are we looking for?
- An individual who is passionate about software engineering, learning and cutting-edge development strategies.
- An individual who strives for excellence with a laser focus on team communication and facilitation of ideas.
- An individual with a proactive attitude who works well in a fast-paced team environment.
- An individual who communicates and collaborates well.
- A critical thinker with good problem-solving skills and an ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication skills to express oneself clearly both verbally and in writing. Persistent, active listening skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a willingness to readily and voluntarily take ownership of work and project issues.
- An individual that can work both at the strategic level and at the tactical level, holding others accountable while building team rapport and engagement.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships throughout the organization.
- Someone excited about being challenged to continually develop new skills and grow depth in existing skills.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering with 5+ years of experience in a similar application development role.
- Knowledge of modern data architectures.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or another cloud provider.
- Experience working with cloud-based data services such Dataflow (Apache Beam), Pub/Sub, GCS and BigQuery.
- Experience with relational and document databases such as PostgreSQL and Cloud Firestore.
- Proven experience with languages such Python and Node.js.
- Proficiency with Git and DevOps deployment in Google Cloud or other cloud platforms.
- Understanding of component-based design and architecture.
- Experience consuming and creating APIs (REST and GraphQL).
- Experience with modern CI/CD pipeline technologies such as git, static code analysis, test-driven development etc.
- Experience with modern infrastructure as code patterns using tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, and Airflow.
- Excellent teamwork, coordination, influencing and communication skills.
ABOUT BREAKTHROUGH:Breakthrough is the expert in managing the energy and information that fuels the movement of goods globally. We use our patented technology and industry knowledge to create transportation energy and supply chain management strategies for the world's leading shippers. We remove the waste associated with distorted supply chain practices and reveal data-driven insights to give our clients a competitive advantage in their supply chains.
WHY WORK AT BREAKTHROUGH? See our SMART, PASSIONATE, and EDGY team in action: https://www.breakthroughfuel.com/careers/