Chorus One runs validators on cutting edge Proof of Stake networks such as Cosmos, Solana, Celo, Polkadot and Oasis with >$100 million assets under management.
We are seeking a Platforms Engineer to maintain and scale our staking infrastructure. Security and reliability are key to everything we do. This position is a unique opportunity to work with an experienced team on cutting-edge blockchain networks and financial services around cryptocurrency.
- Maintain, scale and monitor existing infrastructure, including cloud machines, bare metal servers and a Kubernetes cluster, to allow Chorus One to provide secure and reliable industry-leading Proof-of-Stake validation services.
- Reason about and improve the security properties of infrastructure. Secure key management, server hardening and intrusion detection are important themes.
- Institute monitoring and alerting systems for infrastructure. Enable other team members to attend and troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Develop software related to blockchain data extraction or interchain communication, on an as-needed basis.
The ideal candidate:
- Is able to work independently. Has prior work experience in a medium sized company or as a Platforms / DevOps lead in a startup.
- Has prior experience with a range of diverse DevOps tools. We use Kubernetes, Ansible and Packer.
- Possesses good knowledge of security as it relates to cloud-based infrastructure.
- Is able to develop tooling, and monitoring solutions where none exist, and can debug unreliable software - many of the projects we run are of alpha quality. Good knowledge of Golang and/or Rust would be a significant advantage.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science or related subject is a plus, but not strictly needed.