CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
The client is an investment manager who would like to use the application initially for his own internal use, but assuming the proof-of-concept is a success, he would like to form a startup to add more features and bring the application to market.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The client is looking to build a better, faster way for people to obtain information about publicly traded companies in the US stock markets. Your first responsibility will be to research and develop an initial prototype to prove that the project is feasible. We believe that some very similar applications - that also use keyboard shortcuts to launch - are built using Electron such as Command-E (getcommande.com) and Slapdash (Slapdash.com) so we would like to use Electron as well. We believe that using React would also be a good idea.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working directly with the client as the sole developer on the project, meeting daily
- Understanding the client's vision and recommending technical solutions
- Setting up source control, hosting, and deployment process from scratch (on AWS for example)
- Building an Electron App from scratch
The client uses Zoom and Slack for communication and is open to using Trello for task management.
RELATIONSHIPS - WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
You will be working directly with the founder of the company who is a financial analyst. The client is in the America/New York (-05:00) EST time zone.
As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION:
The client is flexible on the maximum rate if we believe the candidate will be appropriately more productive/efficient.
- HTML (Must have)
- Written English (Must have)
- Spoken English (Must have)
- Git (Must have)
- Node.js (Strongly preferred)
- CSS (Strongly preferred)
- Electron (Strongly preferred)
- React (Nice to have)