We are Ascent. We’re on a mission to help our customers connect data, software and purpose to create extraordinary outcomes. You could say we are a digital transformation business. But we’d rather say we help people solve problems, or do new things, or do existing things better.
We specialise in software product development, analytics and data science, IoT solutions, machine learning, DevOps optimisation and modernisation of applications, data and platforms. And in case you were wondering, our customers are awesome. From smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics - we work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
Ascent is UK based with specialist hubs in Malta and Bulgaria and smaller local teams in 14 countries worldwide. We’re a 300+ strong team that’s growing – fast – in a vibrant market and we are continuously looking for new talent and perspectives. And right now we’re looking for experienced Automation QA Engineers to help our customers define and deliver success.
ABOUT THE ROLE, ABOUT YOU
Automation QA Engineers are responsible for the quality of software product and deployed solution. They participate in every phase of the development process where their primary objective is to ensure that software product adhere to quality standards and acceptance criteria.
Typical role responsibilities for the Automation QA Engineer include development, implementation and execution of end-to-end test suite, automation testing framework, API and UI testing and quality metrics that will allow defects tracking and bug-fixing. Our Automation QA Engineers help solve problems and deliver the quality solutions we are proud of.
- Understand the requirements from the PPO and prepare test plans and scenarios
- Preparing test data for the test cases
- Design and development of automation scripts
- Defect tracking
- Update the test result document
- Log / file the defects in defect tracking tool / bug report
- Verify defects have been correctly resolved once the development team have worked on them
- Discuss doubts/queries with development team
- Participate in review meetings within the team
- Giving mandatory information about a defect to developers in order to fix it
- Ensure content and structure of all testing documents / artefacts is documented and maintained
Required skills and qualifications:
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Good problem-solving skills
- Writing and analysing of user stories and/use cases/requirements for validity and feasibility
- Execute all levels of testing
- Working with other groups, software testers. Have strong communication skills that allow them to collaborate with others. Communicate problems and coordinate with QA, development, and business groups to ensure products are free of errors
- Provide support and documentation
- Analytical with great attention to detail
- Experience in Version Control Systems
- Knowledge of commonly used design patterns and architectures, databases and REST Web APIs.
- Experience in documentation is considered to be an asset
- Good communication and reporting skills
- 4 years experience as a Software Tester or similar role
- Databases and SQL (MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL)
- Automation tools (Selenium Web Driver, Visual Studio)