We build cloud scale software for supplying everything it takes to send Discovery’s shows around the world. From concept to creation to broadcast, around the globe, we are defining the future of video consumption. We build tools and platforms that drive the content supply chain for Discovery’s brands. Our software tracks content as it moves from being an idea to becoming a finished show on brands like HGTV, TLC, Animal Planet, Food Network and all the other Discovery brands. Our applications reach thousands of monthly active users inside Discovery’s business units and at production companies and distributors around the world.
We’re a distributed software development organization specializing in cloud-based solutions for media supply chains and content lifecycle management. We have offices just outside of Washington, DC, and in Knoxville, TN. We have developers across the United States, in Montreal, and India. Our Development teams are DevOps groups working directly with our product and testing teams. We write the software that makes that happen. This role is a contractor position, so we’re recruiting this position through our staffing partners at CBTS.
What you’ll do/Job Description
- Local to Knoxville, TN or fully remote is fine (but Eastern time zone highly preferred; central considered)
- Mid-high level experience (likely at least 7 years)
- Strong automation skills.
- Right now, we’re specifically looking for people with both Protractor and REST Assured experience.
- At least 2 years of each would be ideal.
- Experience testing apps that leverage Angular asynchronous requests (i.e. Promises) highly preferred.
- Background in continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) environments.
- Jenkins experience a big plus.
- Familiarity with cloud-based apps and cloud services. AWS experience (S3, SNS, SQS, Route53) a big plus.
- Background working remotely and in cross-functional teams.
- Folks who have spent most of their career in a QA (“shared services”) team are less attractive for this role but will be considered.
- Background in agile/lean/incremental development methodologies.