Are you looking to work on challenging projects, with a diverse and motivated team, while building technology that can change the world? Do you want to join an award winning startup in their scale-up phase? Do you want to give students all over the world access to a prosperous future? Do you want to work with large distributed systems, machine learning, web crawling, and other interesting technology?
Wizenoze is a growth-stage startup building software that enables students to find content online that matches their interests and abilities. Our mission is to help close the global Readability Gap. You’ll be responsible for envisioning, developing, and testing products that will improve how students discover and interact with the online world. Read more here about our mission.
We’re looking for a Senior Frontend Developer with 8+ years experience. Deep experience with technologies like React/Redux, RiotJS, JQuery, Bootstrap, etc. required. Strong design and architecture skills essential. Based in Amsterdam or remote within the +-3 GMT timezones. You need to be curious and passionate with a drive to continually improve yourself, your craft, your code, and your colleagues. You need to hold yourself and your peers to the highest standards to deliver the best quality products possible! You must not be complacent, and must keeping working to improve your craft and skills. You must be able to step outside your role to work on requirements, deal with customers, and think holistically about our systems, processes, and people; always with a view to improving efficiency and long-term maintainability and quality.
No visa sponsorship.
You need to be available during core hours 10:00-16:00 in CET/CEST.
- Building responsive and user-friendly single-page web applications with complex state management hidden behind beautiful UX/UI
- Building developer-friendly SDKs to be used on customer platforms
- Setting architectural and design guidelines to maintain code quality and avoid technical debt overload
- Automating testing so we can move quickly and refactor safely with confidence
- Helping the backend team design simple and dev-friendly APIs for internal and external use
- Structuring repos well using webpack, babel, npm, etc. to ensure CI/CD is simple and code is well structured for both development and deployment needs
- Building reusable libraries to be shared between frontend apps
- Monitoring performance and errors of the applications via Sentry, etc.
- Fluent in English (C2 level)
- 8+ years proven experience delivering and maintaining production-ready software
- Great at building responsive and user-friendly single-page applications in React/Redux, ES7, RiotJS, JQuery, Webpack, HTML5, CSS, SCSS, LESS, etc.
- Build tools like Webpack, Babel, NPM, etc.
- Have an engineering mindset with a focus on code quality, reusability, and testability
- Unit testing and integration testing experience
- Bootstrap and CSS experience, although we have an experienced UI/UX designer to help with this.
- Understand how to debug hard problems in HTTP, XHR, JSON, CORS, SSL, etc.
- Open source development workflows using git and github.
- Communicating and collaborating on designs remotely using diagrams, video conferencing, instant messaging, prototypes, etc.
- Be able to demonstrate the above skills with a detailed walkthrough of apps you’ve built
- Passionate about UX design. See things from a user’s point of view, and figure out the best UI for them.
- Able to reduce complex user interaction flows into crystal clear user interfaces.
- Good understanding of common user interface patterns and pitfalls.
- Back-end development knowledge is also a plus. While you won’t be required to work in the back-end, it will help to understand the code to help us improve the API for 3rd party devs.
- Curious. Able to learn and apply new concepts and tools rapidly
- Pragmatic. Choose the practical path to delivering a product without getting lost in fancy new technologies or techniques
- Attention to detail. Every line of code should be crafted well and understood thoroughly. No copy/paste coding allowed
- Perseverance. Able to solve difficult problems without giving up and expecting someone else to take over
- Take pride in your work. You should be proud to put high quality software in front of users. Software you’ve tested thoroughly yourself
- Take responsibility for your work throughout its life cycle from requirements to delivery and maintenance
- High degree of personal responsibility over designated duties. Step outside your role if needed to get the job done well
- Consistent and organised
- Timely and eloquent communicator
- Focused on helping the team win, before personal gain
- Open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it
- Like to work in a startup environment