Principal Software Engineer (Backend)
Digital Diagnostics is looking for a Principal Backend Software Engineer to help build the technological backbone for our new platform.
Our flagship product is the artificial intelligence algorithm where it is the computer, not the physician, diagnosing patients. Built on a series of patented machine learning algorithms, our FDA cleared software platform detects early signs of diabetic retinopathy, a debilitating eye disease that impacts the 30+ million people with diabetes in the US. We are using everything we’ve learned from IDx-DR to expand our artificial intelligence platform to help patients by detecting diseases like skin cancer. This expansion is critically enabled by our efforts in the healthcare IT space, through EHR integrations, platform connections, and analytics. Now we need to expand our team of highly skilled and motivated team members to help us change healthcare for the better.
Working for Digital Diagnostics offers you the opportunity to:
- Work with world-renowned computer scientists and clinicians who are pushing the limits of artificial intelligence, computer vision, and machine learning in medicine.
- Tackle complex challenges and projects with the highest levels of quality and execution for audiences that include top technologists, the FDA, and world-leading healthcare providers.
- Push the accessibility and quality of healthcare to new heights to improve the lives of millions of people.
- Help define the architecture of a complex healthcare IT platform
Are you someone who:
- Has your team’s back and is willing to jump into any problem
- Enjoys delighting the customer
- Goes all in, learns from their mistakes, and has fun doing it
- 8+ years of software development experience
Then apply to be our nextPrincipal Backend Software Engineer!
Qualifications (aka this is what we will ask about in your interview):
- Very strong technical communication skills: you should be comfortable interacting with and explaining designs to everyone from customers, to the CEO, to the developers working with you
- Expertise in taking lead on designing and building complex software solutions, from conception to deployment
- Best practices should be second nature to you, as you will need to implement, design to and teach them
- Mastery of C#, Web APIs and business logic in every way, shape and form
- Experience writing and deploying applications for use in the AWS Cloud, including an understanding of how to build and provision infrastructure
- Interest in SaMD (software as a medical device – if you know, you know) and working in regulated software environments such as ISO or FDA (don’t let this scare you – we have a lot of automation).
This is a permanently remote position. We have engineers across the United States in many different time zones. We are committed to hiring the best engineers no matter where they reside, so location is not factored into compensation. But if you ever long for the comradery of a shared workspace, we have offices in Chicago, Boston and Iowa and would be happy to have you there!
Feeling over or under qualified but still think we’re cool? Have a specialty that doesn’t quite line up with this posting? We are recruiting at a number of levels for all sorts of specialties: Check out our career page at https://dxs.ai/about/careers/current-openings/
Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor an immigration case for employment at this time (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration cases).