As a SaaS company we have a strong IT and Software Development team, with the IT Systems Management working alongside our Software Development team. We care about delivering a high quality, secure work environment for our staff so that they can provide great customer service.
We look to streamline and automate our tools and processes, so a large part of our work in this area is to strive to implement best practices.
The IT Manager Role
This newly created role, which reports to the CTO, will provide IT support for Agworld staff as well as the responsibility and autonomy to research, design and deliver new solutions to our internal IT needs in partnership with all areas of the business.
Agworld is a global business with staff primarily operating out of the USA and Australia. With New Zealand providing the perfect overlap of these timezones this role is a remote role based in New Zealand, and will work with assistance from on the ground staff in each location as needed.
We favour using SaaS solutions ourselves, so we primarily work within the Beyond Corp security model and part of this role is to ensure continued improvements in how we deliver IT services in a secure way to our staff.
A portion (20%) of the role includes learning and supporting our core Agworld infrastructure that primarily runs on AWS.
- Own the systems management of our internal systems (non Agworld product systems). This includes Google Workspace (GSuite), JIRA, Salesforce, Microsoft 365 and others.
- Own the IT processes and procedures, for example: onboarding processes, SSO, and password policies.
- Support Office networking infrastructure (e.g. Routers/ISPs/WAP)
- Be responsible for maintaining a secure IT infrastructure for staff.
- Support a fleet of 50-70 desktops, plus 20+ mobile devices. (Predominantly Mac OS) Including SOE, provisioning and device management.
- Manage the work of part-time regional support personnel who assist with internal IT.
- Actively pursue continually improving our IT systems and processes.
- Learn the AWS Agworld infrastructure to be able to participate in the on call roster for the Agworld systems.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience.
- 4+ years of systems administration and IT Management.
- Previous experience managing a fleet of Mac OS machines.
- Previous experience managing Google G Suite or Equivalent (e.g. MS 365)
- Desirable: AWS, Linux System Administration, Infrastructure As Code (we use Terraform)