What we do
Practichem, a Raleigh-based biotech firm focused on speeding antiviral cures to market, uses a patented protein chromatography instrumentation platform to deliver time and cost savings in the race to deliver critical viral health solutions worldwide.
We believe scientific instrument software should be intuitive, like a smart phone app. We’re setting a new standard by creating browser based software that runs our scientific instruments.
Who we are
Practichem is a different kind of company and we like it that way. We have incredibly high standards and hire exceptional people who enjoy pushing themselves to perform at their highest levels every day. Join our team and enjoy an environment that appreciates hard work and achievements.
What we expect
You appreciate a start-up environment free from bureaucracy, and you help keep it that way. You thrive on open discussion. You easily learn new technologies. You have the ability to successfully solve problems. You excel in a small startup environment.
This must excite you. You must be curious and practical. You will be expected to challenge and be challenged, to create and innovate. Practichem's work style is not for everyone.
What you will do
- Web application server development, including testing
- Write clean, testable, maintainable code for enterprise applications
- Create and present designs and engage in technical reviews
- Prepare and present technical information to departmental and cross-departmental groups
- Provide debug support
- Maintain necessary technical documentation
- Contribute in all phases of software development life cycle
Required education, experience, and skills
- 5+ years of professional experience in Java server tech stacks
- Java 8+, OOAD, SQL, Multithreading, GIT
- Understand design and architectural patterns, and development best practices
- Experience implementing RESTful APIs
- Experience in relational database technology
- Familiarity with agile methodology (but we don't consider it a religion)
Preferred experience and skills
- Spring Framework, Spring Boot
- Kotlin, Gradle/Maven
- Experience with CI/CD, Cucumber
- Bash and Linux
- Experience with Single Page Applications, Web Sockets
What we offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits. We work reasonable hours and rarely get called on nights, weekends, or holidays.
- We support remote work.
- You'll work alongside other accomplished engineers and scientists.
- Choose a Mac or a PC. You can run Windows or a Linux distro.
- Join Practichem and get $500 in cozy cash to set your workspace how you want. Buy a super mouse, a wrist thingy, a special chair, plant, mood ring, or maybe a Maneki-neko?
Make sure you’re having fun at work -- meet new friends, push yourself in new ways, try new things. If you aren’t having fun at some level, you’ll be unhappy. We don’t want that. We want you to work hard, love what you do, and have fun.