What we're looking for
We are hiring a world-class team of software engineers and creatives to architect, implement, and deploy a consumer-facing product that will empower uses to gather meaningfully in NOWHERE 3D worlds.
In these early stages, you must be comfortable with iterating quickly: working with the founding team , implement new 3D UX, and ultimately deploy your work in early product releases
Since we are a fully remote company, you thrive in a remote collaborative environment, can quickly integrate feedback into your own vision of the product, and work closely with designers and engineers to refine our overall vision together.
What you'll do
- Lead and architect Nowhere's compute infrastructure to enable high performance compute and real-time video applications in the cloud
- Work closely with Backend Engineering as we scale up the system
- Continuously develop and improve our CI/CD pipeline that enforces proper versioning and branching practices.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- 4+ years of hands-on engineering experience in infrastructure engineering, DevOps
- Expertise with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure or similar
- Expertise with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Ansible, Chef, Terraform, or CloudFormation
- Experience in building systems where observability is a first class concern using protocols and tools that cover the space of log aggregation, analytics, monitoring, distributed systems tracing and alerting
- Proficient with containerization and cluster management technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- In-depth knowledge of build/release systems, CI/CD system
- Experience with modern web services architectures
- Always willing to learn what you do not know in order to create new technology for beautiful 3D experiences
- You want to be part of the founding engineering team building technology that has a direct path to improving how we gather and connect at a human level.
Plus if you have experience...
- working in a startup environment / agile development environment a plus.
- working with database scalability and availability
- Health insurance with 75% premium covered
- Generous PTO / sick leave
- We are driven by a desire to advance human connection and believe in cultivating diversity as part of excellence, and seek teammates from all backgrounds
- As a remote team, we use asynchronous tools and daily reports to stay in the loop
- We value immediacy, integrity, inclusion, generosity, passionate collaboration, and are building NOWHERE to distribute wealth and power
- See a few fun links below from the team you'd be joining...
How to Apply
Sounds like a fit for you? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include this role's title in your subject line (it'll help us to sort through the emails)
- Tell us a bit about why you're interested and any relevant experience you have
- Attach your resume, LinkedIn, project links, pointers to code, and Github.
- Thank you for your interest!