What we're looking for
We are hiring a world-class team of software engineers and creatives to architect, implement, and deploy a consumer-facing product that will empower uses to gather meaningfully in NOWHERE 3D worlds.
In these early stages, you must be comfortable with iterating quickly: working with the founding team , implement new 3D UX, and ultimately deploy your work in early product releases
Since we are a fully remote company, you thrive in a remote collaborative environment, can quickly integrate feedback into your own vision of the product, and work closely with designers and engineers to refine our overall vision together.
What you'll do
- Work across a full technology stack: from the cloud infrastructure, database later, up through code running in browsers
- Take full ownership of designing, implementing, running, and maintaining production code on core Nowhere features, end to end.
- Quickly dive to implementation details throughout the whole stack to iterate with product, design, and 3D
- Architect systems with an awareness of when to add to the stack or separate portions into micro-services, focusing not only on performance and scalability, but also on crafting a beautiful user experience.
- Deep knowledge of web technologies and large-scale web application architecture
- You are a generalist who cares deeply about the end user experience
- Experience with Docker, CI/CD
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Always willing to learn what you do not know in order to create new technology for beautiful 3D experiences
- You want to be part of the founding engineering team building technology that has a direct path to improving how we gather and connect at a human level.
Plus if you have experience...
- with message passing/stream based logic frameworks such as Actor Models
- with WebRTC and media systems
- building data analytics pipelines, working with real-time media, or the care and feeding of webpack and babel.
- Health insurance with 75% premium covered
- Generous PTO / sick leave
- We are driven by a desire to advance human connection and believe in cultivating diversity as part of excellence, and seek teammates from all backgrounds
- As a remote team, we use asynchronous tools and daily reports to stay in the loop
- We value immediacy, integrity, inclusion, generosity, passionate collaboration, and are building NOWHERE to distribute wealth and power
- See a few fun links below from the team you'd be joining...
How to Apply
Sounds like a fit for you? Please email email@example.com
- Include this role's title in your subject line (it'll help us to sort through the emails)
- Tell us a bit about why you're interested and any relevant experience you have
- Attach your resume, LinkedIn, project links, pointers to code, and Github.
- Thank you for your interest!