At Olo we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country’s largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Chances are if you’ve ordered directly from a restaurant brand’s app or website, we’ve made that happen. Mobile ordering and payments is an exciting and active industry full of interesting players and yet still a relatively untapped market ripe for disruption. We’re quite up-front about the technical challenges our business faces. Running a platform with multiple white-labeled front-ends, that maintains real-time connections into thousands of restaurants’ POS systems, and coordinates complex transactions between these and other third parties (such as payment gateways and gift card providers) is not for the faint of heart. As part of the Ordering Foundation team you will play a significant and visible role in helping us scale one of the most advanced food ordering platforms in the market. This is a full-time position. Candidates may work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City (when it reopens), or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than 75% of our engineering team is remote!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Joining a team of dedicated and experienced engineers to work on business critical systems
- Leading and supporting the design and development of scalable high-volume distributed systems.
- Improving Olo’s horizontal scaling capabilities
What We'll Expect From You
- Proven, hands-on experience building high-volume OLTP systems in a professional setting
- Experience with SaaS systems running 24/7 at an ever-increasing scale
- History utilizing Kafka for stream-processing
- Expertise with secure data in a compliance heavy environment
- Experience building scalable systems in a public cloud such as AWS, Azure or GCP