We are currently seeking an Intermediate Android Engineer to join our team! If you’re looking to grow your career and your impact with a leading healthcare tech company, then we have the role for you at Swift Medical.
As the world leader in digital wound care management, we deliver advanced wound care visualization and touchless 3D measurement through our smartphone-ready Swift Skin and Wound software. We’ve been adopted by more than 2,100 facilities across North America and are now leading the Telewound Care Canada Project for The Digital Technology Supercluster Covid-19 Response Program.
You will be reporting to our Mobile Team Lead.
- Work on a cross-functional, feature-driven engineering team
- Participate in technical design and planning discussions
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers to build new features
- Uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, creating automated tests, and monitoring performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- 3+ years of Android development experience and an excellent command of engineering fundamentals
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and writing networking level code
- Experience with Android NDK and CMake
- Experience with modern mobile application design patterns
- Experience writing well-tested code
- Can work in a dynamic environment - not phased by multi-tasking, managing shifting priorities, or following through on projects with minimal supervision.
Technologies we use:
- Key language: Kotlin, Java
- Key Frameworks: Dagger 2, RxJava 2, SQLCipher, Protocol Buffers, SWIG and various android Jetpack libraries
- Code Management: Gitlab CI/CD
- Build System: Gitlab CI runner with docker container
Working @ Swift Medical:
Other than the impact we’re making in the healthcare industry, the very best thing about Swift Medical is our people. What we’re working on is not only inspiring, it creates a close-knit team working in an energetic, collaborative, and positive atmosphere. Swift has been certified as a Great Place to Work® based on direct anonymous feedback from our team!
We offer competitive compensation, plus an employee stock option program. There’s also great benefits, vacation and all the fun perks you’d expect from a venture-backed startup.
Swift is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse workplace. Swift provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.