An exceptional opportunity for a competitive technology leader with deep personal interests in Linux virtualisation, software-defined networking and software-defined storage capabilities.
If you have a passion for tech and business, deep familiarity with the open source stack from Linux to Github, and awareness of open source community leadership and best practices, then you will love the product leadership team at Canonical.
Linux virtualization, networking and storage capabilities now provide a rich foundation for software-define infrastructure. KVM, Ceph, OVS and related technologies enable sophisticated and large-scale compute operations. Canonicals Ubuntu is the platform of choice for innovators building on this foundation, and we have created a dedicated role to lead our efforts in the virtualisation and private cloud arena. The successful candidate will have a deep personal interest in Linux kernel, virtualisation, storage and networking, and an ability to articulate a comprehensive, integrated vision for these technologies.
You will need to demonstrate insights into:
* KVM implementations such as QEMU, Firecracker, RustVMM
* OVS, OVN and overlay network technologies like Geneve
* Ceph and related storage capabilities
This role requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message. We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership.
You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products. You will create effective content to engage sophisticated technical and commercial audiences, and work closely with marketing, media, engineering, sales, research, consulting, and training teams.
You will be accountable for product go-to-market execution, marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts. You will be expected to deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- A rigorous technical or science background and supporting qualifications
- Exceptional insight into Linux virtualization, networking and storage technologies
- Software engineering management experience
- Business and commercial interests
- A proven history of leadership and presentation skills
- A strong work ethic, and personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonicals competition and tactical opportunities
- Strong aptitude for data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape