As a Senior Software Developer with Assent Compliance, you will work on the whole web development stack. You’ll create new features and advance the platform to meet and exceed our industry and client needs. As a leader on the Development team you’ll be a key resource in defining solutions to complex technology puzzles and mentor junior Developers. Through your passion for software development and proven object-oriented design skills, you will produce quality code and proactively communicate with other stakeholders regarding business requirements.
You’ll be working on:
- Developing software programs according to Assent’s software development life-cycle (SDLC) process;
- Developing software that follows Assent’s Design Guidelines and Coding Standards;
- Developing software that adheres to Assent’s Security Guidelines (part of Design & Coding Standards);
- Documenting and articulate software designs as part of the SDLC process;
- Contributing to and lead requirements management and review - provide task estimates, project scoping;
- Leading the development process in a team for one or more features;
- Resolving problems that are diversified and complex;
- Reviewing code and makes recommendations for design changes;
- Participating in software development as part of a Scrum team;
Join us if you have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- A post-secondary degree in Computer Science (or related) and 7+ years software development experience in the following areas;
- .NET framework and C#;
- Object-oriented programming;
- SOA, RESTful services, microservices;
- Enterprise web applications;
- Front-End technologies (like Angular);
- MS SQL Server;
- Agile/Scrum environment;
Nice to have:
- Build pipelines and DevOps environments
- AWS and its development platform and services
- Being a team lead or coaching other developers.
What’s in it for you?
At Assent, we are an ambitious, fast-paced business which means there is never a dull moment. We strive to give back to our employees as much as they give to us.
In addition to a competitive salary, a benefits plan that starts the same day you do, and a fantastic office in a central location, you can expect to:
- Love what you do as part of a supportive team with a fantastic culture
- Advance your career in a position with high growth potential
- Choose how you work best in a flexible work environment
- Help create positive change by being part of a sustainable work environment with lots of opportunities to help the Ottawa community through our charitable work
At Assent, your contribution has purpose. Our team challenges each other to be better every day; we dig deep to build a culture of innovation and high performance for our people and our clients.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the aforementioned duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.